Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the full system on line and was wondering if I can install DIY or do I need a dealer?

So that is the question. Can a person of modest mechanical knowledge do the install for the full Termignoni race system for the Hyper? Anyone that has done it yourself , were there any problems? Are the directions any good that come with the system? Can you just plug in the new chip and be good to go?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I did it a week or two ago. I found it to be very easy and I don't know much just took my time and followed the instructions. It took me all day, but then again I did it outside on a city sidewalk.

My bike ran rich after the install, so if this happens to yours you will have to take it to the dealer to get the tps reset and a couple other things to have it running properly.

I say go for it and do it. I had alot of fun doing it and you will have a sense of pride after you are finished.

·
Registered
80 Posts
(Quote)My bike ran rich after the install, so if this happens to yours you will have to take it to the dealer to get the tps reset and a couple other things to have it running properly.

I did it myself. However the dealer had to reset the tps.
Also, you should put some heat resistan silicone between the new pipes joints. Otherwise you might have some back fire once in a wild.

If you are changing for the 2-1 pipe, I would be interested to buy your rear guards assuming you have a Hyper S

good luck.:cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Quote)If you are changing for the 2-1 pipe, I would be interested to buy your rear guards assuming you have a Hyper S

good luck.:cool:

Yeah, I have the "S". I will let you know... How long did it take you? Did you have any problems with the fit?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I have the "S". I will let you know... How long did it take you? Did you have any problems with the fit?
OK, thanks.

It took me about 2 hours.
But, I was at the dealer where they let me used the lift and all the tools.
Take your time, loose all your NUTs and when you're ready to fit the new system together. everything will fall into place.
Just tigh a bit at a time, so the pipes can aligned to each other.
I hope what I'm trying to explaine make sense...........

have fun
:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you moderately mechanical it will still take you about 4-5 hours the first time... when you open the package doesn't seem like it would, but once your going it does take a while. I layed out all my tools in advance, got set up and I'm a pretty good mechanic still took longer than I thought. Next time would be half the time, but getting the pipes to fit good took me a while with a mallet and pencil marks and wd40 to make sure i got the pipes into each other fully. Jut relax and don't try to go too fast. The instuction that come with them are WORTHLESS, someone has a pdf file that is much better. I didn't use any silicon on the joints and I have no leaks

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
i have a full color pdf version of the termi 2-1 installation instructions. it is much easier to understand and use, than the POS copy of a copy of a copy, of the instructions that come in the box.

if anyone wants a copy, send me a PM here, and advise an email address to send the 3mb file to.

a presto,
johnc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts