Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the Termignoni silencers / ecu / filter affect the performance of the 1100? As I recall, some people said the Termignoni silencers on the sport classics acutally made the bike leaner, although the sound was good. Also, all I've ever seen on a bike are the carbon fiber silencers. I see that Ducati also makes a titanium version, but I'm not sure if they're even imported to the U.S. Anyone have any experience / comments on the titanium as compared to the carbon? Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Termi's and ECU on my 696 definitely made the bike run leaner. I get a lot of popping on deceleration. I don't know how this will translate over to the 1100 but thought I would add my .02.

·
Registered
560 Posts
We have the full termi system with ecu and filters on my wife's 1100s. When we bought the bike it popped a bit on deceleration. I proceeded to take the carbon cannister off and found an offending vacume leak from the previous owner or the shop that fit the termi system.

Fixed the offending vacume leak and now very very rare popping, almost non existent. As for milage, damn, she gets about 48-50 mpg. Not bad at all. We barely see the light on at 150 miles.

Another bonus wth the full system, it doens't route the front pipe up over the cases, it routes it below the engine, definitely helps with keeping the knees cooler than the stock routing.

I was hoping it would be able to get good millage, cause where we live and ride we have many miles on many of our loops between gas stations.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the CF Full system on my 09 M1100 and just love it. The bike used to cut out at speed when the clutch was held in and downshifting more than 1 gear. Hasn't happened since. It really makes the bike much nicer to ride, plus you get that sound...

my .02

sp00f

-ride safe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts