Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I own a 2003 mat grey ST4s and very happy with it. recently I bought a pair of Termignoni cans. they have to be fixed with a strap (unlike the standard cans) , but it looks like I need an extra bracket to attach them to the frame.
Does anybody know where I can buy these?

thanks and regards,

Petrus

·
7,733 Posts
This seems odd. :confused: The exhaust hanger, plate type or strap type afaik, attaches to either the pillion foot peg, ie the higher mount with the side cases off, or the side case carrier/bracket with the cases on. Where would that extra backet fit?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Petrusotto,
Could you attach a picture of your bracket?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bracket

thanks for your quick response guys!

I will try and take a photograph of it tonight Tim

after seeing Franks' picture, I can see the difference between his and my setup. looks like the strap in the picture is off center in relation to the dia of the can. my strap ends up in the middle of the can and I think thats why I need a bracket to make up the gap. does that make sense?
Some time ago, I found a picture on the internet of that bracket, but now I cant locate it.

cheers,

Petrus

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
More likely a piece of tubing to form a spacer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
7,733 Posts
..after seeing Franks' picture, I can see the difference between his and my setup....
Not my set up, just a pic I found on the net showing an exhaust cannister attached to a ST bike with a strap hanger. I have Sil Moto slip ons that use an aluminum plate type hanger.

..Some time ago, I found a picture on the internet of that bracket, but now I cant locate it.

cheers,

Petrus
Good luck with the search. :) It looks like something that a small machine shop coud fabricate too. I guess what I'm not getting is why the straps can't slide down the cannister a bit to line up with the peg's mounting hole. :confused: Doesn't that strap freely slide up and down the length of the cannister?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hanger

hi Frank,

Sliding the strap up and down the can is not a problem. It is the horizontal distance from the strap attachment hole/bolt to the peg's mountain hole.
when I push it to line up, then the can is touching the rear swinging arm.

Petrus

·
7,733 Posts
hi Frank,

Sliding the strap up and down the can is not a problem. It is the horizontal distance from the strap attachment hole/bolt to the peg's mountain hole.
when I push it to line up, then the can is touching the rear swinging arm.

Petrus

Ahh, now I get it, thanks. :) Yes, the plates on my cannisters are off-set to get the swing arm clearance you're looking for. I'm sure you will get or can fabricate what you need. :)

EDIT: The off set is provided by Al washer/spacers, the plate itself is straight. :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have a set of GPR cans that have the same mount. I used the spacers supplied with the pipes and made a bracket out of a flat piece of Aluminum with two holes to drop the pipe mount away from the pannier frame the same as in greg Kirby's pictures in the link provided earlier in this thread....but my spacer and plate are two separate pieces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help guys! I improvised and made up a distance piece and bended the strap a bit so it was offset in relation to the pipe.
The cases wont fit now, so I will have to have a bracket made to suit both positions.
Sound is awesome!

Anybody know of some good non standard mirrors for the ST?

cheers

Petrus

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
What's wrong with the standard mirrors ?

United Kingdom is a bit vague, it's good to have an idea of fellow ST'ers whereabouts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mirrors

Hi MarkST,

Not much wrong. I just would like to try some mirrors that dont vibrate so much. Left hand side came off when I pushed the bike through my narrow garden fence door. Found it very difficult to re-attach with those bl***y springs.

cheers,

Petrus

ps. I thought I put London, United Kingdom in my details??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts