Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to Proitalia the 2012 uses a different setup then 2010-11? Does any one have experience on this; if so what is different? Found a great deal on a used setup, but may have to pass on it! Looks like they have 3 different part #'s; one for 10-11, one for 12, and a third for god only knows what?
http://store.proitalia.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Streetfighter&sort=2a&page=2
If this is the case; there might differences in the model years other then just color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is no diffence between the exhaust. Same engine, same exhaust. I think it is for customers that make always the same question - fit the exhaust to my 2012 sf-s? if you look to the ducati.it pages for the exhaust you can find a button on witch model does it fit and there are no different exhausts.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would it have a different ECU program?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a Termi on my '12 SF and I'm relatively certain that that particular package was not ordered specifically for the '12 model year. It seems to work perfectly fine so if something was changed I'm not sensing it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
On the different ECU post! They might have tweaked the map slightly to meet new emission rules or something similar. Only guessing but as people have said the bikes are the same. I have had two so far. A 2010 and a 2011 that I have fitted the same termi's too and no difference at all.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the different ECU post! They might have tweaked the map slightly to meet new emission rules or something similar. Only guessing but as people have said the bikes are the same. I have had two so far. A 2010 and a 2011 that I have fitted the same termi's too and no difference at all.
10-11 are the same but the 12 has a different part #.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got off the phone w/ Ray from Proitalia, and according to him different ECU!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoke w/ DNA, they confirmed different ecu's; they couldn't tell me why, but are supposed to get back w/ me.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, DNA got back to me. Not much to my surprise they stated that there is a difference, and there are 2 different part numbers, but they don't know what the difference is! WTF?

·
Registered
225 Posts
So the difference is the ECU then? or another guess, did they adjust the pipe slightly where the guard goes to allow more room for your heel. Many people complained about this. Im thinking just the ECU

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
According to DNA it's the ECU but they can't tell me why!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Recall reading, somewhere, recently, Ducati are not using Marelli for some bikes.
Possibly the monsters were first to change to new ECU hardware.
I'll try and find where I read it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts