Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Sport 1000s with 2-2 termignoni slipons and I need to get a set of baffles for them. Does anyone know where to get them. I recently moved to Germany and I cant register my bike without them(Too Loud). Can someone help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I have a 2008 Sport 1000s with 2-2 termignoni slipons and I need to get a set of baffles for them. Does anyone know where to get them. I recently moved to Germany and I cant register my bike without them(Too Loud). Can someone help me out with this. Thanks in advance.
You best (and only) bet might be to wait for a set to pop up on eBay. I've seen a couple of sets for sale last year.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Did you check your termi box?

Sounds silly, but since I got mine in california, they are labeled "race use only" (even though they are the same as everywhere else) and my understanding was that they didn't come with baffles. One day after checkin the box out of the blue, I found a pair of baffles, which left be baffled to say the least... :D

Prompted me to think they are included with every set. But I may be wrong.

(I'd sort you out but I'm moving to London next month... so I may need them too...)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey fst916!

Where in Germany are you located? I still have a set of the custom baffles that pool agent described! Not sure about the price but I think around € 100 for the set!
PM me or call +49 177 7001005

cheers, Guido

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you check your termi box?

Sounds silly, but since I got mine in california, they are labeled "race use only" (even though they are the same as everywhere else) and my understanding was that they didn't come with baffles. One day after checkin the box out of the blue, I found a pair of baffles, which left be baffled to say the least... :D

Prompted me to think they are included with every set. But I may be wrong.

(I'd sort you out but I'm moving to London next month... so I may need them too...)
wow, that's crazy, now i'm curious to see if i have a set in my air box.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey fst916!

Where in Germany are you located? I still have a set of the custom baffles that pool agent described! Not sure about the price but I think around € 100 for the set!
PM me or call +49 177 7001005

cheers, Guido

I'm in the Stuttgart area not too far from where you are at. I'll give you call tomorrow.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very cool! I'll be expecting your call!

Guido

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
wow, that's crazy, now i'm curious to see if i have a set in my air box.
not your air box... the box your termis came in to your shop. PI gave me the box with my stock pipes, ECU, air box lid, and apparently some baffles...

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I think I have a pair I never used and since I killed the bike will never need them.
Let me know if you want me to have a look for them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I have a pair I never used and since I killed the bike will never need them.
Let me know if you want me to have a look for them.
Pm Sent.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do you know which 2-2 you have, the stainless ones or the aluminium ? Only the stainless (96449907B) are homologated. If it does not carry the E mark it is unlikely you will get it passed regardless of how quiet it is.

If required you can borrow my unused OEM system to put on for the test.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I posted a pair off to you today.
Hopefully they solve your problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know which 2-2 you have, the stainless ones or the aluminium ? Only the stainless (96449907B) are homologated. If it does not carry the E mark it is unlikely you will get it passed regardless of how quiet it is.

I am not sure which pair I have. I don't see any "E" mark on the exhaust. Do they check for that as well?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

PM Sent.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey fst,

You wanted to send me an email with the pics!

Guido

1 - 20 of 25 Posts