Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this thread may have been addressed before here......but I can not find it. I have a 2005 749S and would like to do a Termi 1/2 system (too broke for a full system...may be too broke for a 1/2 system...anyone have a used one??) and was wondering if the air filter and new ECU (or power commander) is really required. My dealer says yes, but it seems like other people have done it without making the change. Anyone know someone who is selling a 1/2 or full system?

·
Registered
797 Posts
They are great systems, I love mine.
Buy a Power Commander, forget the OEM ECU. Have a map cut for your bike, there is a great guy in your area who does excellent dyno work very reasonable, he has a Dynojet 250i, and knows Ducati's well.

Now you have a perfect tune for your exhaust, that is once you find one.

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
857 Posts
+1 on PC3. But you don't need to spend the extra bucks on tuning. Just use one of the standard maps from their site. should be close enough, unless you're racing.

EDIT: Air-filters are not needed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, as soon as I can pick one up it will be done. I really want to drop some weight and get the "sound"!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If you don't have to have Termi's, there are other brands that are much cheaper.
As far as performance differences between brands, you won't notice much because you are going with a half-system.
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts