Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or have experience with using Fatduc's with the Termi slipons for the Streetfighter. The slipons came w/ a new ECU but I am told that it still uses the O2 sensors (closed loop). I purchased the Termi slipon kit with the hopes of a smooth run'n bike.... Still has the flat spot with sudden power. Great look'n bike, but for the money, I was hope'n not to have to deal with a major issue like power delivery...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Has anyone tried or have experience with using Fatduc's with the Termi slipons for the Streetfighter. The slipons came w/ a new ECU but I am told that it still uses the O2 sensors (closed loop). I purchased the Termi slipon kit with the hopes of a smooth run'n bike.... Still has the flat spot with sudden power. Great look'n bike, but for the money, I was hope'n not to have to deal with a major issue like power delivery...
Power Commander V should do the trick. Supposedly, it comes out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Termi carbon "racing" slipons for the US market do not contain catalytic converters, therefore do not require the use of the O2 sensors, and are running an open loop ECU, same as used for the full Termi "racing" system. They do not have a catalytic converter, so don't need closed loop operation. Since the ECU provided with the slipons apparently ignores the O2 sensor inputs, I'm not clear how the FatDuc device could affect the ECU operation if the Termi carbon slipon or full system map is installed. Obviously the PC-V piggyback device will have much more control over the ECUs running with all fuel maps, and could potentially help further with low rpm fueling and "flat spots", as stated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts