Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of either getting the MicroTec ECU or getting the PC V and a dyno tune ... a few questions:

- I have Termi Slipons with the slip-on DP ECU - Does this eliminate the O2 sensors and the servo motor - can I now remove the servo motor completetly (already removed the cable) with no errors?

- A long time ago I did a PC III install on my 1098 and the front injector plug was a huge PITA to get to ....I had to remove my radiator etc.. For those who've done a PC V Install on their SF, how painful did you find it to get to and plug into the front injector?

Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
With the slipon ecu you might want to check. On other models the slipon ecu removed the need for the o2 sensors and they could be removed to turn the injection system into an open loop system. You could remove the cables from the servo but not unplug the servo with just the slipon ecu. It's been said that the slipon ecu on the streetfighter still looks for the o2 sensors and if the o2 sensors are unplugged you will get a check engine light. The system stays closed loop with the dp slipon ecu and your pcv is worthless under 5250 rpm's.

·
Registered
309 Posts
a standalone solution like microtec or nemesis will take care of all of your issues and you can tune the entire rev range. If you retune your factory ecu with a pro tune or like device to get it in open loop mode, you will then need a piggy back device like a pcv to get the tuning spot on. good luck The service and support at ducshop and microtec are second to none. Link to some interesting reading for you. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=68425

1 - 4 of 4 Posts