1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
300 Posts
The 2-1 full exhaust has a killer sound i have it and it kills the other bikes at the track.

Very unique.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Hard to maintain/ keep clean? What sort of wight change / performance do you get out of it?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Hey lavaspit,

check this thread: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=29887&highlight=sound

Considering the relative small price difference between the 2-1 full race system and the 2-2 slip-ons ($1,800 vs $1,400), I'd opt for the race system. The sound is absolute killer.

I have no before and after dyno charts to show, but the bike is noticeably stronger (and smoother) with the full race system, compared to stock. Be also prepared to take a big hit in fuel economy (mid 50's down to low 40's). Seat of the pants dyno suggests that the 2-1 equipped bike is a wee bit stronger than the 2-2 equipped bike.

You can't go wrong with either; it's more a matter of taste. My only regret ..... I should have had my Termi 2-1 polished prior to installation.

Good luck,
RonB

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting.

Couple questions:

Are the matte black 2-2s a Paul Smart thing? The ones Im seeing widely for sale have a different finish.

And why do you wish you had the system polished?

Thanks man.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Keep us posted as to the availability of the 2-1 system. Last I heard, they were no-longer available from Ducati.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I have no before and after dyno charts to show, but the bike is noticeably stronger (and smoother) with the full race system, compared to stock.
I think you are correct. I've had both the 2-into-2 and the 2-into-1 systems on my bike and I definitely feel that the 2-1nto-1 system is stronger and smoother.

Be also prepared to take a big hit in fuel economy (mid 50's down to low 40's).
Actually my fuel mileage went up with the 2-into-1 system . . . but that was after the service tech tuned up the bike. :D

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
lavaspit; said:
.... And why do you wish you had the system polished?
Looks even better, is slightly easier to clean and looks cleaner when cleaned.

Unpolished, even after cleaning, the pipes never look really clean nor shiny; they have more of an industrial look.

Plus, polishing brings out that golden glow (it's the alchemist in me .... heat turns polished stainless steel in to gold :D)

Hope this helps.

RonB

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
So I won a 2-1 system on ebay. For quite a bit less than it should be. No one else even tried. How can I validate they are authentic? I asking because of the warnings someone posted here. Says they are new and in the box. Check is out and let me know what you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...44997413&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123

(scroll down)
The part number listed matches the one in the DP catalog. Not saying that's definitive.

If it comes in a Ducati box, with the appropriate part number stickers, I would have no cause to suspect that it's a fake. It isn't like there is a large Chinese knock-off market for 2-1 Termignoni exhausts for the SC mono. :D

Looks legit from the auction, but some pictures by the seller of the actual contents might have been nice. Congratulations.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool. I agree about the pics and might ask about that, even though the deed is done.

Thank you for checking those numbers. That was kind.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts