Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a line on a termi slip-on for $600. I'm very close to buying it, but I'm not sure it's worth it. I was stoked at first, until I realized they usually ship with an ECU, which appears to be impossible to find by itself, and I haven't heard back yet as to whether this one comes with it or not. So the question is, should I go for it, and hope an ECU pops up on ebay at some point? Or should I just hold off until I find a deal on a slipon that includes an ECU? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
The price on the Termi Box when I bought the bike in 08 was $1,800.oo !!!!!I got it somewhat cheaper tho ..Comes with air box lid ,plus mounting hardware, brackets etc ,,, Buyer beware ,

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you do not buy it, please let me know where you found it, I will get it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
At that good of a price I doubt that it includes the ecu, likely that the owner took the parts off a bike that he converted back to stock so he could sell them separately but didnt want to deal with putting the original ecu back on it. You can find them pretty easily for $3-400. Post a WTB in the classifieds. I did and got several responses. GL.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
$400.oo ??? :mad::):D

·
Registered
260 Posts
^ Tha'ts "new in the box" full ecu, not the Canadian frozen slip on version :)

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Touche

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
All is good !!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, picked them up and installed them earlier tonight. They sound great! Money well spent. Now I'm just waiting on an ECU and a cat elim and I'll have quenched the mod beast's thirst for now. :abduct:

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Did they come with the baffles ? That Thirst might just get greater with the additions, Very hard to Quench...The beat goes on.....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was told they did, but these things are damn loud. I didn't see any obvious way to remove what I can only assume would be the baffles, but I don't need it to be any louder anyways. It's already resonating the sh*t out of my helmet! :D

Just out of curiosity, how can I tell what is baffle, and what is just pipe? They appear to be straight through when I look from the tip.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Either way, I'm not too worried about it. Apparently I can get them for free from some Ducati dealerships. But it's just the right volume for me anyways.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
There are times say long rides and sunday mornings they are put in. Being polite to the fussy neighbours , some people don't mind the sound at all...Nice to have the option..

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I rarely get up before noon on the weekends, so that's not really an issue. :D

As for long rides, I could definitely see these getting a bit grinding after about an hour. Maybe I'll stop by my local shop and see if they have any laying around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts