Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, would like to say that this site is a great resource. I just recently purchased an 07 S4rs and the advice on this site was very helpful in making the decision (for my first ducati!). The duc I bought was pretty much stock so now I'm busy trying to figure out how I'm going to pretty her up! (the ducs on this board are an inspiration, especially montducati's!! - i have a pearl white :)). The 2 top things on my list are steering damper and exhaust. On the exhaust front, I'm at a cross-roads. The bike came with a full zard system which is beautiful but it wasn't tuned (ie running factory ecu) and it is running a little rough down low. I'm trying to weigh the different options (ie tuning vs getting termi's) and the costs. One low cost option would be to replace the zards with the short termi (which is relatively inexpensive since it is just a slip-on) and run it with the factory ecu. In researching the shorty, I noticed on the duc website that it recommends not to use it with passengers? Is that warning along the lines of "for track use only" (ie a warning from ducati's legal dept.) or is the shorty really not recommended if taking passengers? The only thing I could think of was that since the can is so short, the exhaust would exit right under the passenger? Anyone with a shorty have real-life experience?

Tks in advance. and sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just installed on on my 07 s4rs and took my wife for a ride. She did not complain........ and trust me if it would have bothered her she would have complained! Now I plan on taking the passenger pegs off!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just installed on on my 07 s4rs and took my wife for a ride. She did not complain........ and trust me if it would have bothered her she would have complained! Now I plan on taking the passenger pegs off!
hahaha.. awesome. Tks!

·
Registered
871 Posts
First off, would like to say that this site is a great resource. I just recently purchased an 07 S4rs and the advice on this site was very helpful in making the decision (for my first ducati!). The duc I bought was pretty much stock so now I'm busy trying to figure out how I'm going to pretty her up! (the ducs on this board are an inspiration, especially montducati's!! - i have a pearl white :)). The 2 top things on my list are steering damper and exhaust. On the exhaust front, I'm at a cross-roads. The bike came with a full zard system which is beautiful but it wasn't tuned (ie running factory ecu) and it is running a little rough down low. I'm trying to weigh the different options (ie tuning vs getting termi's) and the costs. One low cost option would be to replace the zards with the short termi (which is relatively inexpensive since it is just a slip-on) and run it with the factory ecu. In researching the shorty, I noticed on the duc website that it recommends not to use it with passengers? Is that warning along the lines of "for track use only" (ie a warning from ducati's legal dept.) or is the shorty really not recommended if taking passengers? The only thing I could think of was that since the can is so short, the exhaust would exit right under the passenger? Anyone with a shorty have real-life experience?

Tks in advance. and sorry for the long post!
N4S, thanks for the complement, my S4RS just won the "King of Bling" award at the annual Desmo Bike Show in New York.

I've ridden a few miles with my wife on the back with no complaints from her regarding the exhaust. It shouldn't be an issue for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N4S, thanks for the complement, my S4RS just won the "King of Bling" award at the annual Desmo Bike Show in New York.
Awesome!

One more question if you don't mind :) Does the shortie get in the way of when you are on the balls of your feet (ie when cornering).. The way that it is positioned, it looks like your heel would hit the canister when you are on your toes? I love the look, but if it gets in the way I may just go with the regular termi's..... Tks!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Awesome!

One more question if you don't mind :) Does the shortie get in the way of when you are on the balls of your feet (ie when cornering).. The way that it is positioned, it looks like your heel would hit the canister when you are on your toes? I love the look, but if it gets in the way I may just go with the regular termi's..... Tks!
No issues with me as well, I ride with my feet in numerous positions depending on the riding I'm doing. There is no conflict with the exhaust at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts