Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone crashed their bike and damaged their Termi and been able to just get parts? I asked the dealer if I crashed, would I be able to just get a cannister or mid pipe, and they said "no". So if you crash and damage your Termi, you need to buy a whole new system with the ECU? Is this correct?

·
Registered
327 Posts
lets review what happened.. you asked the dealer a hypothetical question.. they gave you an answer that would fill their pockets up the most.. what you should do to get an accurate answer is crash your bike, damage the exhaust, and THEN see what you can and can't get.

·
Old Fast Guy
488 Posts
The real issue is that Ducati (Termi) stops building new (aftermarket) parts for the bikes after 5 years, or when the model is dropped. The Termi 70mm headers are REAL hard to find now as there are no longer built. The 1198 series is done. When shelf stock is gone, it is gone. I've had two pieces of the Termi full system on order for months with the delivery date still slipping to the right. I elected to go after the full system kit which is still in stock with very few remaining. I'll have spares for the future...

Looks like the air-cooled Hyper 1100 series is done as well. The SP marks the "end".

·
Old Fast Guy
488 Posts
If your looking for slip ons I reccomend fresco !!! Top-Duc can vouch for them !!
LOL Yeah, they sure sounded great on your bike when I heard it on the dyno at full chat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts