Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok back in the Multi fold after many years. Pick up a new 2019 PP next week was just wondering about the two options. I’m an akro guy all day long but the termi comes with a “map upgrade “
Happy to go a different direction if there is better solution

Thanx

·
Registered
32 Posts
You know either of those modifications will void your warranty. At least that's what my dealer told me when I asked about a Decat.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The dealer installed Termignoni will not void your warranty. It's part of the official accessory catalogue.
However, it's ugly as sin compared with the carbon end piece of your new Pikes Peak.
The Akra is much slicker in design but will require a RapidBike fuel controller to make it run at peak efficiency.
On that note, Rapid Bike has a technical cooperation arrangement with Akrapovič.

Notwithstanding the above, the stock fueling on the 1260 is amazing and the exhaust tone isn't bad either.
The volume is acceptable yet not too loud. Something to consider if you're going to spend several hours on the saddle.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Don't you think you ought to test ride the bike first? You might like the fueling and sound as is.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would I do something smart like that my friend. Just need to take time off work so we can ride and get food.
All will be good ......

·
Registered
709 Posts
Why would I do something smart like that my friend. Just need to take time off work so we can ride and get food.
All will be good ......
It's already good...you just need to get back in the pool with the rest of us lucky bastards.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
You know either of those modifications will void your warranty. At least that's what my dealer told me when I asked about a Decat.
In the US, mods cannot void the warranty unless they're proven to cause damage - so no exhaust mods won't void your warranty.

However... full systems are not road legal so many dealers in the US won't install them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m in the market for an exhaust myself. I’ve been going back and forth for a couple months now.
The full Termignoni setup is the most expensive exhaust system, but looks the least developed. All function, very little form. The only thing it has going for it in my opinion, is it’s branded by Ducati and includes the new fuel map.

The full Akrapovic titanium system and the Arrow titanium Works system not only look better, but they’re quite a bit cheaper (especially the Arrow), and they sound awesome. I can get either the Akrapovic or Arrow setups and a Rapid Bike EVO for less than the Termignoni. AND I don’t have to bring my bike to the dealer and pay them to have the new fuel map uploaded.
I’m leaning towards the Arrow Works with the Rapid Bike EVO.

·
Registered
680 Posts
@AK-Bandit
Big fan of the quality of SC-Project and QD. Take a look at those also. Yes the Rapidbike will be necessary but boy, does it work well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@AK-Bandit
Big fan of the quality of SC-Project and QD. Take a look at those also. Yes the Rapidbike will be necessary but boy, does it work well.
I definitely looked at the SC Project exhaust. I don't have any personal experience with them, but they get great reviews. They seem to lean towards the racing side of exhaust systems, so I didn't know how loud it would be. I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking what their quietest can is and they replied saying their oval muffler would be the most tame option they offer for the Multistrada. I've just never heard one, so I didnt know how it could compare to the Akra or Arrow cans. I'll check out the QD line as well.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I definitely looked at the SC Project exhaust. I don't have any personal experience with them, but they get great reviews. They seem to lean towards the racing side of exhaust systems, so I didn't know how loud it would be. I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking what their quietest can is and they replied saying their oval muffler would be the most tame option they offer for the Multistrada. I've just never heard one, so I didnt know how it could compare to the Akra or Arrow cans. I'll check out the QD line as well.
I'm not biased for SC-Project as I also like the Akra and the QD's. However, I can attest about the quality and tone of the SC-P as I actually own a carbon oval on my Monster as seen here. Mine is EURO 3 homologated. I have ran a sound test without the baffle and it was no louder than was my stock Panigale 959.
At first glance, that doesn't say much because a stock Panigale is super loud right off the showroom floor relative to other stock bikes. What I can say is that the SC-P carbon oval is not obnoxiously loud without the baffle. Moreover, it has a very pleasant and deep bark.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
So termi installed. Love it. with db killer in, its probably just a little louder than my full akrapovic on R1200GS, hard to tell, different sound. with the db killer out its mad! and i love it. 14.5 lbs of weight loss too..

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone installed the full termi at home ?
Does not too bad. Installed many systems never on the multi

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts