Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was hoping you guys could help me out.

With my recent purchase of my GT, I also acquired the termi set for the bike. It came incomplete as I believe the previous owner kept some parts installed.

the picture below shows what came with it. The cable I beleive is a stock part. Could someone identify that for me?
The ECU and airbox cover is what I am most concerned with. Where do I locate the ECU on the bike? and also, are there any other components missing? If the upgraded ECU and the airbox cover are currently installed then simply just installing the slip ons should only be the remaining step I would think....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
ECU is under seat, has 2 large connections/harness's (On SC it's the farthest back towards the rear of bike component), get the part number off of it and check that with the race ECU # to see if it's stock or Termi kit.

·
Registered
524 Posts
ECU is under the seat-looks like the only kit parts there are the cans-you could always check with a dealer for the part number for the Termi ECU and check it against the one fitted to your bike-same with the airbox lid-the Termi one has a factory cut hole in the top

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
similar thought at the same time jcasella
Obviously you were searching for your ECU PN once, just like me.....:think:

Would seem backwards for the prev. owner to install everything but mufflers though, usually the other way around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it does seem a bit weird, there has lacked a lot of communication from the dealers end in the post-purchase period but oh well...

if required, can the ECu and airbox cover be purchased easily?? ive heard the ECU would be around $500 easy.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Have to keep your eye open on e-bay/classifieds. They do come up as they usually survive a wreck well where as the pipes do not. Cover is not that big a deal, aftermarket options like the MWR airfilter kit, think there is one in classifieds now.

Yeah it does seem a bit weird, there has lacked a lot of communication from the dealers end in the post-purchase period but oh well...

if required, can the ECu and airbox cover be purchased easily?? ive heard the ECU would be around $500 easy.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got quite view ECUs that would fit that bike, you can reflash it and in the end you land out with the better map than stock DP/termi one.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
The DP cover looks just like the OEM except has about a 1" hole in the top of the cover to allow additional airflow into the filter... If you don't have it, you can modify the stocker very easy to be the same part. You would need to lift the tank (or use a mirror to see the top of the air box) to see if you have the DP cover.

You probably have the DP ECU, as the cable in the picture is an O2 sensor, presumably your factory O2 sensor (which usually requires a DP, modified or other ECU to remove without codes) and you probably now have a plug in your header which came with the kit. Best way to know is the part number of your ECU.

The last question, why would the exhaust be reverted? Maybe to meet sound testing, dealer liability, emissions (if those are not homologated, which most are) or the seller thought the bike was worth more unmodified. The mufflers are the most important item, put them on, enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks ssg will let you know if I am in need.

And GuyBFF, thats some good info... its much appreciated. As for the reversion, I am not sure my guess would be that he thought to put most of the stock parts back on so he could sell it to the dealership more in the way when it was brand new, but like you said the exhaust is one of the most important parts so who knows....

I looked up the part number for both stock and termi ECU but the latter was to no avail.

stock ECU part number is 2864 1281 c
and as the following pictures suggest I found the number 96517006B on what I believe is the ECU. This is my first time really dealing with ECU's so I really dont know what it exactly should/does look like.

From the pictures attached what can the experts tell me??

thanks to all in advance once again...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, was hoping you guys could help me out.

With my recent purchase of my GT, I also acquired the termi set for the bike. It came incomplete as I believe the previous owner kept some parts installed.

the picture below shows what came with it. The cable I beleive is a stock part. Could someone identify that for me?
The ECU and airbox cover is what I am most concerned with. Where do I locate the ECU on the bike? and also, are there any other components missing? If the upgraded ECU and the airbox cover are currently installed then simply just installing the slip ons should only be the remaining step I would think....
Where did you get these? I am also looking for a set of termis for my GT1000, just the slip ons.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
That is the Termi kit ECU PN 96517006B, just checked mine, so put those cans on!

Thanks ssg will let you know if I am in need.

And GuyBFF, thats some good info... its much appreciated. As for the reversion, I am not sure my guess would be that he thought to put most of the stock parts back on so he could sell it to the dealership more in the way when it was brand new, but like you said the exhaust is one of the most important parts so who knows....

I looked up the part number for both stock and termi ECU but the latter was to no avail.

stock ECU part number is 2864 1281 c
and as the following pictures suggest I found the number 96517006B on what I believe is the ECU. This is my first time really dealing with ECU's so I really dont know what it exactly should/does look like.

From the pictures attached what can the experts tell me??

thanks to all in advance once again...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks J!!!!
I put them on this morning, lovin that throaty sound!!!

balster- I was fortunate enough to get them with the purchase of the bike. My best guess is to buy 'em on ebay and maybe sel-motion.com is still operating but not 100% sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts