Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Termi install

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mxwinky 
#1 ·
I just purchased the Termi carbon slip on exhaust kit for my 696. I plan on installing the stuff myself - exhaust, air filter & ECU. My question is, is there any adjustments that need to be made after the install? I've been to three different dealers and received three different answers - from "FI sync, TPS & CO adjustments" to "nothing needs to be done, the ECU measures and makes all adjustments". I was also told at one dealer that only a dealer can replace the ECU. Anyone know the real answer?

#3 ·
Termi Install

I was told by one dealer that the TPS would need to adjusted by them. Another dealer that told me that the ECU would reset everything automatically. He also told me that when starting the bike wait for the ECU to go through the initialization sequence before moving the "choke" lever. If the lever is moved too soon the ECU will measure this as the TPS idle position and readjust the setting.

#6 ·
FI Sync

Thanks for the inputs, looks like I won't be needing to bring it in for any setup after installing the kit.
What about the FI sync? I was also told by one dealer that the sync would need to be adjusted after the installation. Now I'm not saying it may not need adjustment, but I can't see how changing the exhaust would affect the FI sync. The ECU can't adjust this can it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.