Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched numerous threads, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I just bought some used 2-2 Termis(just the cans) for my '09 Sport. I also bought a DP ECU from Desmoporsche. Since I don't have the full kit, I need to come up with my own plug for the 02 sensor in the header pipe.

1. Does anyone know what thread size and pitch the plug should be so I can pick that up before the install?

2. When I unplug the 02 cable from the ECU can I just cover the remaining open connector with electrical tape? Or, does the plug provided in the Termi kit actually provide some kind of resistance or shorting affect?

3. IF I get some exhaust leakage between the Termis and the header pipe, what is recommended to seal it up? I know some have used RTV type products and some have made aluminum shims out of soda cans. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that, but I'd prefer to remove it all together and not have it on the bike. Less clutter, less wires...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm scratcin' my noggin now...
What's the beef with the O2 sensor on the Termi set? Never unplugged mine.
Got the extra plugs from a GT1000 take-off, but never measured them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Some auto parts stores sell O2 plugs...
Or, get the thread size and hit Lowe's or Home Depot and see if you can get a stainless steel bolt...cut it short to size and drill a hole on the head for safety wire....done.

I lost a plug on my Zards...I had a replacement sent to me and the drilling was easy... plus a few Heinekens and a cigar do help........:D

...maybe it's me...I love messing with my bike, in a non-perverted way, ok, I do!

Some people used to cut the sensor down and then fill it with marinetex or some hard type filler..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll be hitting the home depot once I pull the sensor.

One more question, can run the termi cans with the stock ECU while I wait for the DP ECU to arrive?!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
One more question, can run the termi cans with the stock ECU while I wait for the DP ECU to arrive?!
Yes you can… the homologated ones even have a small catalytic converter inside.

The sensor has to be plugged in and mounted because if you disconnect it, there is an error signal saved in the ECU every time you start the engine.

After some time, you have so many signals saved that the bike will not run anymore unless you remap the ECU…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts