Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post, besides intro so take it easy on me.

I just bought a 2012 848evo, an love it. I can't believe I waited this long to pick up my first Duc. I want to install Termi slip ons, air cleaner and ECU kit but the dealer said if I do it it will void the warranty??? They said as soon as I touch the electrical system the warrenty is void. Is this true, or just dealer lip service?

I have buillt multiple mortorcycles, complete rebuilds including performance engines so the work is not a problem for me, but I want to keep my warrenty intact. I am more than compitent, with vintage CB's and new Harleys, how difficult can slip ons, air cleaner and plugging in a ECU unit be.

Thanks in advance for any responces.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congrats on the bike and for joining the forum now use the search function and you can read about your question all night.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the bike and for joining the forum now use the search function and you can read about your question all night.:D
Ha Ha, I figured that response... To bad I figured this would be a better site and a good resource. I am familiar with search functions and did use them. I didn't get anything curent back that answered my question completely so I thought I would put it out there. If you know the answer it would have taken less effort to answer my question than it did to type your response, just saying.

I guess I can find my question elswhere...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ha Ha, I figured that response... To bad I figured this would be a better site and a good resource. I am familiar with search functions and did use them. I didn't get anything curent back that answered my question completely so I thought I would put it out there. If you know the answer it would have taken less effort to answer my question than it did to type your response, just saying.

I guess I can find my question elswhere...
Ha ha, you really don't know how to use the search function. Took me one search attempt "warranty termi" yielded this......

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-mult...ries-not-dealer-installed-voids-warranty.html

·
Old Fast Guy
488 Posts

I just bought a 2012 848evo, an love it. I can't believe I waited this long to pick up my first Duc. I want to install Termi slip ons, air cleaner and ECU kit but the dealer said if I do it it will void the warranty??? They said as soon as I touch the electrical system the warrenty is void. Is this true, or just dealer lip service?

I have buillt multiple mortorcycles, complete rebuilds including performance engines so the work is not a problem for me, but I want to keep my warrenty intact. I am more than compitent, with vintage CB's and new Harleys, how difficult can slip ons, air cleaner and plugging in a ECU unit be.

Your dealer is an idiot. Here's a deal you should have bought:::

Redline Performance Motorsports, Inc. - Yorktown, VA - Motorcycles, Motorcycle Repair | Facebook

·
Registered
263 Posts
Certinaly hope you didnt hear that from my dealership, where it should be said that if you buy a Termi system they have a 2 year parts warranty only if installed by a certifed dealer, installed by any other person or person's that the 2 year warranty on that system can be worth about .01 also depends on the dealer on whether they will honor a parts only warranty if installed by a customer, sometimes they will say they will warranty to keep you as a customer and never get reimbursed by Ducati or can be the other way around and get permission from Ducati to have the part warrantied.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for you response. That is what I though but wanted a little more varificaton.
Certinaly hope you didnt hear that from my dealership, where it should be said that if you buy a Termi system they have a 2 year parts warranty only if installed by a certifed dealer, installed by any other person or person's that the 2 year warranty on that system can be worth about .01 also depends on the dealer on whether they will honor a parts only warranty if installed by a customer, sometimes they will say they will warranty to keep you as a customer and never get reimbursed by Ducati or can be the other way around and get permission from Ducati to have the part warrantied.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts

Congrats on the new bike. Some makes (BMW I think) have one year warranties on accessories, however if they are installed on a new bike they get the same warranty as the bike. Maybe that is why the dealer was confused.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts