Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stock pipes with a set of high mount Termis a couple years back. They are great and I love them. The problem is my wife wants to ride with me and there are no rear footpegs with the high mounts. Putting the stock pipes back on really isn't an option since she isn't going to go riding that often. I don't want her resting her feet on the tops of the cans especially to assist getting on or off the bike. Any ideas or am I (well my wife really) just SOL?

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd just keep all of the stock footpeg/muffler hanger mounts attached to the stock low mount mufflers . Then when she wants to ride , remove the 4 (2 on each side) bolts that hold the high mount brackets to the frame , slide/wiggle the termis off of the header , reverse the process to install the stock cans/peg mounts . Should take all of 10 minutes ?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I've seen the Suzuki rear pegs and the idea sounds ingenious. Still, I wonder what the issues with the heat on her legs will be like. I take passengers on the back of my bike with regular mount Termis and they never have an issue. Changing out exhausts will get old fast... especially if she loves the experience. Haha.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I've looked at the stock ones with High MT's that I have and it can be done with long bolts and spacers, I just don't care to ride anyone on the back. They make other bikes that do the job better. And I'mnot that old yet!!;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have hi mount arrow and put rear pegs on the back. I dont think its the comfiest ride for any passenger but it does the job whenever a chick wants to hop on the back. Her feet get real close to the pipes. Check it out for yourself. My bike is a '98 900. I just modified the low mount exhaust hangers to go on the new exhaust then the longer piece are what came with the pipes.

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I am awake and thanks for the kind words!
These are pics of what I did. They are GSX-R 1000 pegs from about 2000/2001.

I ground off the bits I did not need, like the exhaust mount, then gradually ground the surface of the peg mount points to get the right angle for them to go over my cans.

It only lifted the pegs by about an inch compared to stock. The first pic is a peg before grinding. I just rattle canned them black. The mount/bolt spacing matches perfectly.

Richard

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'd just keep all of the stock footpeg/muffler hanger mounts attached to the stock low mount mufflers . Then when she wants to ride , remove the 4 (2 on each side) bolts that hold the high mount brackets to the frame , slide/wiggle the termis off of the header , reverse the process to install the stock cans/peg mounts . Should take all of 10 minutes ?
Fairly easy indeed, but I guess the bike will sputter and ride like s**t because the jetting isn't matched to the stock cans.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Punch (and others)

Thanks for the help! I'll be checking out those GSX-R pegs.

ps She is actually not threatening me with violence when I talk about a 3rd, 2-up bike. I know she will want something in return though, something that will be $$$ :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fairly easy indeed, but I guess the bike will sputter and ride like s**t because the jetting isn't matched to the stock cans.
Hes got a 2006 they came fuel injected since 98.

Im thinking of just putting a peg through the hanger hole on my termis, put my sister in law to test looks like it might work.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hes got a 2006 they came fuel injected since 98.

Im thinking of just putting a peg through the hanger hole on my termis, put my sister in law to test looks like it might work.
Good strategy - unless she lives with you you won't have to hear every single night how your experiment caused X, Y or Z damage to your wife's clothes, boots or her for the rest of your life.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts