Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched a bit around but couldnt find a proper answer.
Can I retrofit a full Termi kit (70mm) designed for a first generation 848 (read non Evo here) on a 2007 1098 ?

Not talking about the ECU, I got that sorted out already.
But will the 70mm headers and slipons will actually fit the 1098 ?

Thanks in adavnce :)

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
If the 848/1098 is anything like the 749/999 I would think that you wouldn't have any issue's fitting up the exhaust. I have a 2003 999 and I'm running a 749 Termignoni 54mm full exhaust due my shallow sump and the addition of the upgraded swing arm. I think this multi-fit Ducati/Termignoni exhaust carry over to the 848 and 1098 like they did with the 749/999.
So I think you would be good to go. The swingers IIRC are the same....I know that the Ducshop carries overbore kits for the 848 bringing them up to 1040cc and everything carries over from an exhaust manifold stand point.
Give them a shout and make sure though...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had one bolted up on a 1098 motor, all fits, haven't had it on the bike yet but can't see any problems, will be fitting it up in the next cupple of weeks.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Great! One good thing about Ducati's model line is alot of stuff is multi fit...it cost them less in the long run to manufacture, of course those this cost saving process is passed on to us:D.....hmm not really right! But it does make it easier to find appropiate parts.
My 2003 999 is a bse model, shallow sump. When I installed the upgraded swinger I had to sell off my Termignoni 54mm full exhaust and replace it with a slip on. Later I found out that a 2005 749 Termignoni 54mm exhaust would fit as it's designed for the shallow sump 749 engine...same cases that are on my 999...and the new swinger. So it made it possible to go back to a 54mm full exhaust which I needed to do after I had a 1038cc overbore kit, Sacms, porting and valve work done. The full exhaust made a huge seat of pants difference over the slip on...which it didn't when I installed it originally in my stock engine. I would have wasted a huge performance gain if I had to stay with a slip on after all the $$$ spent on my engine.
Glad it work out for you

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your input. Really apreciated.

Conclusion, the full 70mm Termi kit for a 848 fits on a 1098 no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts