Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post and am looking for a bit of advice.
I have just bought a 09 1098 Streetfighter S model and am after a set of Termi exhausts for it, there is a set of used slip on cans with filter and ecu just come up on ebay U.K item number-300732722088.

My question is -
Is it the same exhaust for the standard Streetfighter 1098 and the Streetfighter 1098 S model?

The ones on ebay are off a standard 1098 streetfighter and am keen to bid on them but am wary to do so until i know they will fit my S Model.

Any help will be appreciated.:):)

·
Registered
498 Posts
99.9% sure that everything is the same with the exception of the ECU.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ive got the Slip on Termi on my Base F1098. The termi slip on comes with a ECU that is specific to either the base or S versions. I was told the S has a few more leads for the DTC functions etc. All other items in the kit will fit fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at the same item!
Haha, there's another set of termi's just come onto ebay uk for £500 buy it now as well, although they are off a standard SF as well:(

I think i'm just gonna get a new termi kit so i know i'm getting the correct ECU etc for my SFS model as i don't know nothing about getting the ECU flashed or who will do it for me.
The dealer who i got the bike off reckons he gets 20% off a new Termi Kit.

Thanks for the advice everyone, i'll let you know how i get on.

·
Bon Vivant
11,728 Posts
Haha, there's another set of termi's just come onto ebay uk for £500 buy it now as well, although they are off a standard SF as well:(

I think i'm just gonna get a new termi kit so i know i'm getting the correct ECU etc for my SFS model as i don't know nothing about getting the ECU flashed or who will do it for me.
The dealer who i got the bike off reckons he gets 20% off a new Termi Kit.

Thanks for the advice everyone, i'll let you know how i get on.
Don't bother buying the new kit for the ECU, the DP ECU that comes with the termi has a shit tune anyway - you'll want to get it flashed and you can flash a non S to an S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't bother buying the new kit for the ECU, the DP ECU that comes with the termi has a shit tune anyway - you'll want to get it flashed and you can flash a non S to an S.
Ok to hell with it i'm gonna bid on them and see if i win them.
I'll just put the cans and air filter on the bike see how it runs and take it from there!
Its rare that i'm under 4000RPM anyway which i presume is where it runs rough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts