Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Termi exhaust on new 1100?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  desmoworks 
#1 ·
Is it recomended to wait until your 600 mile service before you get the termi system installed or can you do it before?

#2 ·
It doesn't make any difference, lots of people have the Termis installed before they leave the dealer.

IMO you're more likely to follow the break-in guidelines with the stock pipes. Once you hear that Ducati growl it's tempting to push the RPMs a bit more. :D

#3 ·
This is my first Ducati and my first new bike. I have always bought used japanese bikes before so I don't want to do anything to ruin the motor. The dealer had told me that it should be run in with the stock cans first. I can see how the urge to restrain myself might be harder with them on. I am content with putting around right now as I am more into enjoying the ride than testing the limits of the bike these days. Thanks for the info.

#5 ·
you might have to wait anyway.....

I bought the full termi system (CF) for my 1100 when I picked up the bike. I was talked into waiting for the 600 mile service to have them installed for two reasons 1) I wanted to ride the bike and it took almost a month for the system to actually arrive and 2) It was recommended to get a feel for the bike before adding the ECU, airbox and pipes.

I don't regret waiting. I didnt really buy into the see what its like before the system but I am glad that I rode the piss out of the bike instead of having it sit waiting for the full system. It was also a way to get the install cost covered by the dealer to have it coincide with the oil change since it was already on the lift, they cut the cost of the install.

my .02

-sp00f
ride safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.