Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -- got a used termi half system and ecu for my 999 at an incredible price -- $475 Cdn -- showed up today and I mounted it pretty quickly. However, the bike would not start or run with the termi ecu -- however, it would start OK and run fine with the oem ecu. I bought the bike used, so don't have the red key or anything -- is the termi ecu pooched, or am I missing a step. As well, is it particularly dangerous to run this system with the stock ecu for an extended time? If this ecu is no good, I might just buy a power commander and go with the stock computer. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
BTW -- it sounds awesome!

james

·
Registered
729 Posts
Guess is the termi ecu is "keyed" to the original coded key. Its a setup option when the ecu was initially installed and it cant be undone by conventional means once it burned.. There are a couple people offering a service to reprogram keyed ecu's, I think?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You can ride the bike with the stock ECU, but it is not recommended to do that for extended periods. Get the bike to a dealer and get them to dial in the fueling on your stock ECU. A PC will help to sort out the fueling if you wish to go down that route.

It sounds like the bought ECU was coded to another bike and it will not work on yours. The key, the dash and the ECU must match before the bike will start.

Enjoy the new fuel to noise conversion ratio

SF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts