Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys -

Forgive a noob question, but in terms of the Termi slipon exhausts available for the 1198, what's the pros and cons of Carbon vs Titanium?

The Carbon's seem to be more popular by far, but is there any merit for it - other than the obvious one that everybody loves the look of carbon?

Is heat an issue with the Titanium cans, or any other performance issue? I'm not really all that fussed over a kilo or so of weight.

I'm presuming most of the performance gains are in the ECU upgrade anyway eh? Given the fuel maps are apparently pretty average on factory 1198s....

Thanks all...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Heat is similar.
I have chosen Ti over C-F.
Here were MY reasons.

C-F - everybody has'em (but they Do look good)
C-F - A little more fragile. Fade in sun, etc. But then again, the bike isn't out in the elements 7x24. (Note, on my bike they are traditional duals on the sides of the bike), so they're more out in the open.
Ti - Has a nice look/sheen to them.
My Sil Moto Ti's sound deeper than the Ducati Performance C-F's were, so it's not a factor of can covering material. Rather the design of the flow and baffling.
Both were equally light.
Both were equal in quality.
Both were fairly cool.

For me a little more uniqueness and durability of Ti were the main two factors. Seems as though everyone has C-F cans these days. Zzzzzzz...

Good luck with your decision. Both will be a huge improvement over stock.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Thats cool! I would rather go with Ti myself vs my CF. thats if I can find a pair of 54mm slip ons in Ti.
Get tired of looking like everybody else. all the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts