Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I can get a Termi Cannister for my 2004 749, without the halfpipe or computer?

1. Will that fit on the stock pipes?

2. If it will fit, do I need the ECU for the comp? or can I run stock

3. Is this something that I would want to do?

I am somewhat new to this, for I just got my bike 2 weeks ago and just want it to sound a bit different and not be so tame right now. The Half system is not a cheap deal, although, with a Duc I should have expected as such!!!
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(ohh...on a side note, anyone done the 520 conversion with a 14 tooth in the front and a 41 tooth sprocket in the rear?) if so, let me know the results!! Happy, not happy, etc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re your Side note:

I did the 520/14/41 and I love it. Bike is much more friendly on the street not to mention I get better pull out of corners and such at the track. I shaved some off my top end but to my mind it was a good trade off! Basically the bike doesn't feel so anemic or sluggish coming off of corners and getting hard on the gas. I am very happy with the switch!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
  1. yes and no -- if the exhaust can comes from the half system, YES. If it comes from the 54 or 57mm systems, NO.
  2. no
  3. yes and no -- depends on $$ and what you want out of it. If it's only sound and looks, then all you will need is the can. If you want higher performance, then you should at least go with the half system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts