Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tried to purchase the pipes to change from an asymmetrical system to a full system.

My 749s has a 999 system and a power commander. Looking to trade the pipes up to a full 54mm system but keep my SS Termi muffler. I think it should work. Just replace the headers, pipes and hopefully bolt right into the muffler.

Tracked down the part #s if anyone would like to verify.

Thx all

·
Registered
37 Posts
black749s said:
Anyone ever tried to purchase the pipes to change from an asymmetrical system to a full system.

My 749s has a 999 system and a power commander. Looking to trade the pipes up to a full 54mm system but keep my SS Termi muffler. I think it should work. Just replace the headers, pipes and hopefully bolt right into the muffler.

Tracked down the part #s if anyone would like to verify.

Thx all
I'd be interested to get the part numbers.
You're probably talking about the 03-04 models?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well here is what i figure so far:
I have kit # 9643603B it is for 04 and up 999
my silencer is# 96112403B which according to the book fits 999/999S/749/749S bikes

so I think it should be ok

now I figure I need: parts from either kit # 96445805B which is the full kit wih STANILESS STEEL sliencer or kit #96433803B which has the TI silencer.

so the pipes that the book shows is:
horizontal pipe=96113603B
vertical pipe= 96113703B
central manifold= 96113803B

throw in a nuts, bolts and seals kit= 96614503B

and that should do it....um...i think

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to add: yes i am talking an 03/04 749s with older style swing arm

and i am using the 05 parts catalog as my guide

·
comrade moderator
27,055 Posts
Two things: Using an '05 parts catalog for parts for an '03/'04 dosen't sound like a great plan.
Second, I would be floored if you could order these parts. I think you'll hafta buy a whole system and sell what you have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the 05 accessory catalog. it lists the part #s..the question is how it will mate up. I am not just trying to find these by looking at part schematics.

·
comrade moderator
27,055 Posts
What year is your 749? The part numbers may be different on the '05's because of the different swingarm. That's all I'm sayin.

Well, that and I don't think you'll be able to order what you need to do what you're trying to do. Seems to me that complete systems are difficult enough to get in a timely fashion, let alone parts. I've never heard of anyone doing this. There may be a reason for that.

Check with one of our supporting vendors about what's available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That look to be the plan.

the numbers i found should correspond with the older, non-boxed swingarm.

but after a trip to my local store, and a nice laugh from the parts guy I should know the answer. I am just concerned the silencer wont accept the 54mm pipe...dont know if the i.d./o.d. is differnt on those silencers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well after some investigation there is some hope and it isnt much

There is a "transformation kit" that has an adapter for the silencer, and a full 2-1-2 pipe setup, ECU and filters.

however its only for a 999s and fits the "R" style swingarm.
for the rest of us i suppose you could try and get the adapter for the silencer, and the pipes specific to your bike but it all adds up to lots of effort and $$.

It can be done, just be willing to go about it the hard way rather then the easy way of selling your current set-up and buying the one you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts