Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my PS termi 2-1s. Im about to have them installed and want to polish them as a lot of people have advised. but I dont want a gleaming chrome finish. I think Im going to just do a fair job myself by hand with something like autosol, or semi-chrome, just to buff out the fingerprints and blemishes that the parts have picked up along the road here from Italy. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Just got my PS termi 2-2s. Im about to have them installed and want to polish them as a lot of people have advised. but I dont want a gleaming chrome finish. I think Im going to just do a fair job myself by hand with something like autosol, or semi-chrome, just to buff out the fingerprints and blemishes that the parts have picked up along the road here from Italy. Any suggestions?
I'm guessing your talking about the 2-1 and not the2-2 (which are black). You can use a 3M Scotchbrite pad and get a nice brushed look.

These are shots of PakBikes's bike. He had the headers professionally polished but the can he just did as above. I really like the look a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ak , dumb mistake. Yes, 2-1s. Looks nice. Glad to know scothbrite is ok. That heat shield is interesting. Does it really get that hot by your heel?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
It gets pretty hot. I actually wish that Termi would have included something along these lines for these pipes.

Phil aka PakBikes had a thread about how he went about doing this. I'll see if I can't find it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great reference. Though the sound clip is a dead link.

Those chrome 2-2s are amazing. But I am committed to my PS 2-1s. I got them for $1200 using bid sniper! Of course, I might not be bragging if the ECU turns out to be redkeyed. Its all at the shop now. All I have to do is convince the mechanic that I am not a nark and I will be in business.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on the 2-1 Termis, hope they work out great for you. My bike wouldn't be what it is without those pipes, IMO.

I'm gonna try that Scotchbrite pad trick this weekend, that looks great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts