Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK yes I'm stupid, and I did look at the FAQ's. But.......I did not find my answer. My 2010 SFS has a term 1/2, chip, and filters. I did not install, came with used bike. It is running like crap now, and I want to get it on the dyno and tuned right.

Question: How do I tell what chip it has, is it mappable, ect? Dyno shop is trying to help, and I knew 40,000 of you already know the answer! So call me names but please help. The power commander site has PC5 at the top. Looks right, but again just wanting to make sure.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
OK yes I'm stupid, and I did look at the FAQ's. But.......I did not find my answer. My 2010 SFS has a term 1/2, chip, and filters. I did not install, came with used bike. It is running like crap now, and I want to get it on the dyno and tuned right.

Question: How do I tell what chip it has, is it mappable, ect? Dyno shop is trying to help, and I knew 40,000 of you already know the answer! So call me names but please help. The power commander site has PC5 at the top. Looks right, but again just wanting to make sure.
Termis, slipon or full system, come with the DP ECU and DP airfilter. When you switch on your bike, you should get an indication of whether or not you have a DP ECU by watching the dash readout as it goes through it's cycle.

IIRC, you can't ture below 5K rpms with just the PC, you'll need a device such as a Rexxer or a reflash to disable the O2 sensors.

·
1,766 Posts
you can't ture below 5K rpms with just the PC, you'll need a device such as a Rexxer or a reflash to disable O2 sensors.
DP ECU that comes with a full Termi system allows to tune an entire RPM range (even below 5K) with Power Commander.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dynojet are doing a module to allow the PC V to alter the AFR below 5K,i spoke to them last week about it,O2 optimiser i think its called,ive a rexxer map installed and am very happy with the results,could do with a slight tweek at 3750 rpm but its fairly spot on!

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
Dynojet are doing a module to allow the PC V to alter the AFR below 5K,i spoke to them last week about it,O2 optimiser i think its called,ive a rexxer map installed and am very happy with the results,could do with a slight tweek at 3750 rpm but its fairly spot on!
the o2 optimizer does not allow any tuning below 5200, it uses the narrow band o2 sensor to try to redirect the ecu to a specific AFR - I think it's 13.7 but I'm not 100% sure that's the target.
It's a lot like a fatduc and I'm not sure how effective it is but I have my reservations.

To tune below 5200 you need to flash the ECU and set 1 of the parameters in the flash to change the o2 sensors to open loop.
It can be done with a rexxer or a number of other flashes. With this flash you do not need optimizers (they will no longer work).
After that has been done you can use a pc or bazzaz to fine tune the entire RPM range.

The problem with a rexxer flash is that it is just a copy of the DP ECU and that map is not very good.
You can get a flash for less money from Redline or Doug lofgren that was custom tuned and gives much better results without the need for a PC or Bazzaz.

There are a number of other solutions and most of them are listed in the FAQ.

·
Registered
490 Posts
the o2 optimizer does not allow any tuning below 5200, it uses the narrow band o2 sensor to try to redirect the ecu to a specific AFR - I think it's 13.7 but I'm not 100% sure that's the target.
It's a lot like a fatduc and I'm not sure how effective it is but I have my reservations.

To tune below 5200 you need to flash the ECU and set 1 of the parameters in the flash to change the o2 sensors to open loop.
It can be done with a rexxer or a number of other flashes. With this flash you do not need optimizers (they will no longer work).
After that has been done you can use a pc or bazzaz to fine tune the entire RPM range.

The problem with a rexxer flash is that it is just a copy of the DP ECU and that map is not very good.
You can get a flash for less money from Redline or Doug lofgren that was custom tuned and gives much better results without the need for a PC or Bazzaz.

There are a number of other solutions and most of them are listed in the FAQ.
I disagree with your point regardging the rexxer,ive a QD setup with a rexxer flash,excellent performance gains and little or no hesitation not that i had much complaint to begin with,as far as im aware the map is tailored to suit the pipes and the lambdas are ineffective now,huge power increase,she was quick before, now its a bucking spining animal!

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
I disagree with your point regardging the rexxer,ive a QD setup with a rexxer flash,excellent performance gains and little or no hesitation not that i had much complaint to begin with,as far as im aware the map is tailored to suit the pipes and the lambdas are ineffective now,huge power increase,she was quick before, now its a bucking spining animal!
Well, there's no arguing about what the standard rexxer flash is - it's a DP ECU copy. And it can be ordered with open or closed loop setting.
I also believe you can custom order specific adjustments for your own bike and I think one of the parts companies (motowheels?) did a custom rexxer map for the Quat D.

I don't doubt your experience, some bikes work fantastic with the DP ECU but unfortunately many don't. If you bought your Rexxer with the QuatD you probably have the custom tune.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I believe it is a custom map,i didnt know that rexxer have copied the DP map,im not being defensive friend i just dont want people to read your post and dismiss rexxer as an option, this in my opinion a fantastic set up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts