Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Terblanche's new design

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  egomexico 
#1 ·
Just saw this today. I guess this is what Mr. Terblanche has been working on. They quote him as saying "This is the best work I have ever done". I think it looks interesting but I don't think he really believes this.

See less See more
#10 ·
Electric bike with a clutch?
I don't hate it but I will wait until I see it in the star wars flick coming out soon.
... could be a rear brake lever. Honda put a rear brake lever there on a number of oddball vehicles in the past, it's not unheard of.

It looks like some little commuter scooter, to be parked with all of the Segways in the bike rack.

#14 ·
NON-slipper clutch .....

"This electric bike has a clutch. It’s non-slipper and regenerative, and BST specifically states that riders can rev using this clutch. Importantly for every rider who enjoys fun, BST also mentions, “Burnouts and wheelies standard features with Wheelie & Traction Control. There’s also a built-in sound generator, cruise control, and hill stop..."

The thing is tank .... 452 pounds. Claimed 107hp with 88.5 lb/ft or torque. No info on price.

#17 ·
Isn't everyone glad he's not doing Ducatis any longer? This thing makes even the 999 look good.

Reactions: PhilBoncer
#18 ·
Even though I would not buy one, I love to see him make a statement.
A lot more inspiring than the boring hymalayan he was previously involved with.

Too radical? Yes
Polemical? Yes
But fortunately, I don't feel indifferent towards it!
Avant-garde designers like him should push the limits like he does.

#21 ·
The design may be ugly and resembles the leaf blower sitting in my garage but I like to use these bikes (or pieces of them) for inspiration to design parts. Bike as a whole may look like a power tool but part by part there may be some innovation and brilliance in it.

#22 ·
I was trying to think of how to feel about it, and I think the BikeExif article puts it perfectly...

"Agreed, beauty is in the eye of the beholder—and whilst we wouldn’t call the Terblanche creation beautiful, it is spectacular."

#23 ·
The thing is tank .... 452 pounds.
That's about 100lbs lighter than a moto-E race bike so not too far off from progress.

Hey maybe it is just me but I miss the guy, you could love or hate his designs but I would still take a number of his designs over current models.
Supermono
MHE
sport classics
999 series
even the sport classics look good to me even though there are things I really do not like about them (too fat and Tube wheels? really?).

The panigales are growing on me in certain color schemes and it is hard to go wrong with a hyper but they have not improved on the multi-ugly and friends just say no to feet forward bikes in general.

#24 ·
That's about 100lbs lighter than a moto-E race bike so not too far off from progress.
...still a LOT heavier than it is made to appear.

Hey maybe it is just me but I miss the guy, you could love or hate his designs but I would still take a number of his designs over current models.
10-4 !! No doubt about that!

While I think the Multistradas are some of the fugliest motorcycles I've ever seen, and I'm not much on the Sport Classics, I like his 999 designs based on first half 20th century locomotives ....

And the Pierre SSs of the early 21st century can be made into really nice customs! The under-seat frame work is better looking than the 1990s SS models (more minimalized and more may be done with it). The rider's eye view of the fuel tank is also better looking, and it's shape appears to be better suited for modern riding/cornering techniques where a lot of core strength and the ability to ~hook~ the knee into the tank is required. The stock front fairing may be easily reduced down to a quarter fairing with really nice looking results as well. The handlingbar cutouts of the fairing are shaped really nicely, and the quarterfairing has a racey shape to it all on it's own. I'm not so big on the ~wide hips~ of the rear bodywork though, and best I can tell there aren't a lot of aftermarket opions for that rear section ... some you win, some you lose. But the rear bodywork lines do compliment the fuel tank shape when viewed from above.

Reactions: motoFiend
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.