Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this today. I guess this is what Mr. Terblanche has been working on. They quote him as saying "This is the best work I have ever done". I think it looks interesting but I don't think he really believes this.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
One bounce out of that seat and yer gnards are going straight into the meat grinder between the rear tire and that leaf blower motor.

Meh ... just another Instagram show bike.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Electric bike with a clutch?
I don't hate it but I will wait until I see it in the star wars flick coming out soon.
... could be a rear brake lever. Honda put a rear brake lever there on a number of oddball vehicles in the past, it's not unheard of.

It looks like some little commuter scooter, to be parked with all of the Segways in the bike rack.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ew.

Never been a fan of his work. He's the Chris Bangle of motorcycles.

PhilB

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Pierre needs to buy better dope ... the acid or mushrooms he's been getting from his dealer are messing with his head.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It has a slipper clutch and is water cooled. The other thing it has is a sound generator.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/381645/bst-hypertek-electric-motorcycle-terblanche/
NON-slipper clutch .....

"This electric bike has a clutch. It’s non-slipper and regenerative, and BST specifically states that riders can rev using this clutch. Importantly for every rider who enjoys fun, BST also mentions, “Burnouts and wheelies standard features with Wheelie & Traction Control. There’s also a built-in sound generator, cruise control, and hill stop..."

The thing is tank .... 452 pounds. Claimed 107hp with 88.5 lb/ft or torque. No info on price.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NON-slipper clutch .....

"This electric bike has a clutch. It’s non-slipper and regenerative, and BST specifically states that riders can rev using this clutch. Importantly for every rider who enjoys fun, BST also mentions, “Burnouts and wheelies standard features with Wheelie & Traction Control. There’s also a built-in sound generator, cruise control, and hill stop..."

The thing is tank .... 452 pounds. Claimed 107hp with 88.5 lb/ft or torque. No info on price.
Yes, that was what I meant to write. Thanks for picking that up Rex.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Isn't everyone glad he's not doing Ducatis any longer? This thing makes even the 999 look good.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,020 Posts
Just saw this today. I guess this is what Mr. Terblanche has been working on. They quote him as saying "This is the best work I have ever done". I think it looks interesting but I don't think he really believes this.

Even though I would not buy one, I love to see him make a statement.
A lot more inspiring than the boring hymalayan he was previously involved with.

Too radical? Yes
Polemical? Yes
But fortunately, I don't feel indifferent towards it!
Avant-garde designers like him should push the limits like he does.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just saw an article with the price tag....

Quote from BikeExif.com
They plan to start production in around 18 months, and prospective owners (‘custodians’ in BST speak) will have to cough up $80,000 to park one of these unique rides in their garage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts