Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
It's located on the left side of the horizontal cylinder. Look just above the evap canister bracket that bolts into the cylinder. It's behind some other hoses and wiring so it's a little hard to see but I can see it on my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got it! Thanks for the help!
While replacing the stock with HICAP cables I've accidentally disconnected a water temperature sensor and got dash error "3.1".
There were three cables in a kit. One is really short - just 8 inches long. But two others are quite long. The long ones run from the place where the starter is all the way to the battery.
Hicap cables are well made. While twice as thick they are soft and quite flexible. I had no problem bending them around while routing throughout the bike.
There is a post on ducati.ms on how to install the kit. But the original poster decided to keep the stock cables in place while installing HICAP cables in addition to. If you follow those instructions you end up with two sets of cables: the stock and HiCap. Since I wanted to keep an extra weight to minimum I've removed all the stock cables instead. One thing to keep in mind while removing the stock MINUS cable is that its battery connector is being shared with another cable. So it needs to be cut away while keeping the connector in place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone post a pic of where the water temperature sensor is located on a SF848, I’m having a really hard time trying to find it even with a schematic. Do I need to remove tank to replace? Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts