Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going with the slip on Term for my new 848. Guess it comes with an ecu and needs to get tuned? My question is, is it worth the what, 1600-1800. I guess I cant do the work because it needs to get tuned etc? Does it run much better and any HP gains. Its an 2010 848. God I love it. Did the first Mtn trip today 260 miles. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thinking about going with the slip on Term for my new 848. Guess it comes with an ecu and needs to get tuned? My question is, is it worth the what, 1600-1800. I guess I cant do the work because it needs to get tuned etc? Does it run much better and any HP gains. Its an 2010 848. God I love it. Did the first Mtn trip today 260 miles. Thanks for any info.
I got the slip on Termis when I got my 848, my dealer in Bellevue did the install, but it looked very simple; slip on the exhaust, change the air filter and swap out the ECU. I haven't had it dyno'd or tuned, but it runs great. I will probably get a power commander and have it mapped on a dyno just because I can! LOL, but it is very smooth right out of the box. I am glad I had Herb at Eastside do the work, as he's a pro and has done hundreds of these and made the install look easy. He also put in a 14t cog at the same time so it very easy to launch from a stop.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
We've done more than I can count. So FWIW: (DISCLAIMER: Dyno, blah, blah, they vary, blah, numbers differ, blah, blah, reference only, blah)

In reference to numbers only, you will see about a 3-5HP gain. We dynoed the three Haydens we've had and have found them(like all other 848's) to be in the 117-118HP range(stock in AZ heat). We've done slip ons to find about 120-121HP.

The big difference you will see is down low, typically between 4K-6K rpm's. The dip seems to go away, though most people don't really feel it anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had Termi's put on my 848 simply because of the sound. For me, it runs the same, but people hear you. I have had weirdo's coming up to me at stop lights in the bar district, just yelling at me. It's awesome. It is one of the main reasons I traded my Honda in for the 848. As for the work, the dealer installed them. It took about two hours to do, way less than it was going to take me. Get them, you won't be sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts