Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Official Retired Person
7,596 Posts
Errands. I ran errands today. Hadn't been on any motorcycle for about 2 months. Sunny, 75ish and a reason to ride (like I really needed a reason) so off I goes. Turned out to be a great ride. Lots of short hops and short stops but it was fun. And I felt better than I have for about 2 months plus I got all the errands completed!

I'm thinking since tomorrow's weather is forecast to be just like today, I need to convince my beautiful bride that we NEED to go out for a ride. Shouldn't be too difficult, eh?

·
Official Retired Person
7,596 Posts
Well it worked. Convinced my beautiful bride that this could be our last chance for a ride for some time. Trees are in mid color, sky was clear, temp in the low 70's and the bike had 30 miles on the tank.

Now, we are sitting on the front porch having a cool adult beverage. Life is good.

·
Super Moderator
6,415 Posts
nicely done. I've managed to get out for quick little rips at lunch every day this week. Honestly it just has me pining for curvy roads. I regret not doing a track day this season.

·
Registered
2003 ST4s
44 Posts
A semi-local Guzzisti invited all comers to camp, or just hang out over the weekend or stop by for lunch at his place out in the sticks near Cleveland, TN. So I rode the California that I saved from an auto junkyard over, and stopped on the way back to watch my brother weigh in for his bass tournament (he did terrible).

Chilly start but a beautiful day eventually and I ended up doing about 250 miles.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It was 68 degrees here in southeastern Pennsylvania today. We've had above normal temperatures for a good part of the week, then it's supposed to turn cold over this coming weekend. One of my favorite short jaunts is to go to Valley Forge National Park, about 25 minutes away. Some great roads and scenery all along the way. Needless to say, you have to watch for leaves this time of year. Fortunately it hasn't rained in a number of days, so most of them are blown to the side of the roads. Saw a couple other bikes out enjoying the day as well.
I snapped this photo on one of the "loops" that run through the park. Just 25 mph laid back rollin' along on those, taking in the sights. Was ale to get a bit more spirited on some nice back roads heading back home. Not sure if we'll have many, if any, more days like this until Spring..
Plant Automotive lighting Fuel tank Motorcycle Leaf

·
Bon Vivant
12,059 Posts
Last week Candie and I did an overnight ride up the Blue ridge Parkway into Asheville North Carolina and stayed with some friends. The pic is our ride out there - but the ride home the next day gave us fog and freezing rain. Visibility was about 15 feet and the roads were starting to ice over. To top it all off there was a bunch of tourist traffic milling around all over the roads pulling in and out of blind turn-outs. We had about 250 miles to go and we were traveling at about 15 to 20 mph and freezing. It wasn’t pleasant. But, yesterday we got out for another nice all afternoon ride and it was spectacular. This is a beautiful time of year here.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
27,776 Posts
So as a follow up to my Monday whine, I did get out and wander for a couple hours, 50 miles or so...it was nice. Didn't go anywhere in particular, just meandered. I might be able to get out tomorrow for a little while but the weather is about to take a turn for the worse this weekend. I'm pretty sure the salt trucks will be making their maiden voyages (the old rain/snow mix is a-comin), and that will be that. It's guitar season!

Also time to become an Aprilia mechanic. :oops:

Roll on May!

·
Señor Member
8,532 Posts
Anyone else use Relive to record their rides? Ignore all the Beemers, I ride with who I can, when I can. Don't judge me.

I use Relive for riding, hiking, walking, cycling, all sorts of activities.

Reactions: Gadgetech

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,962 Posts
Big crew today on a chilly ride out to a neat lunch spot in Jasper, Ga called the Old Mulehouse where I had a Buffalo Pork Belly sandwich. I’d have taken a photo of it but it wasn’t much to look at.

Weather report: Clear and Sunny. Low 42° High 57°

Of course Ducati were well represented but as is customary, we celebrate diversity. On today’s ride we had:

3 Multistrada V4s
2 Multistrada 1260s
2 GS 1250s
1 HD Pan America
1 Indian Challenger
1 HD Road Glide
1 Goldwing

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
You would know better than me. I have never been there. But roads are easy to tell from rivers on Google maps.
If they don't have a street view, it might be a dirt road, or private. I see several state forests to the south.
I did go to Toronto ON and Niagara Falls a couple times back in the first half of the 80's. Also my Exs parents place somewhere between Buffalo and Rochester. But I digress.

My pat diagnosis, made without obtaining any of your medical history, interviewing you, or even meeting you in person is:

You need a vacation. :D

On todays ride, I rolled past 24,000 miles. Same roads, yeah I need some different roads and a MC road trip too.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I could squeeze another bike into the garage for a time. Just leave me a key. Pay no attention to the odo. :)
But Mrs wife says you need a motel. Sorry.
On the plus side it will probably have a pool which we do not.
Not sure my yard even qualifies as a lawn these days. Sadly.

But, if the price is right, for the vacation, come on down!
Be glad to show you or other out of town members some local roads.
Just don't call me a tour guide! :p

·
Señor Member
8,532 Posts
Wow. You know me well. My wife would agree!

Yes, I do need a vacation. Maybe a friend in a warmer clime I can ship my bike to. And me, too. Need a pool boy? I mow a mean lawn! :cool:
We’ve got a spare bedroom and a cat that likes strangers. I even have an extra bike you can use. But hurry up before winter sets in and it gets down in the 60’s.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts