Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
More embarrassing, really. Funny story, there were 4 City Worker guys in Hi-Viz vests plus a Supervisor putting up flag signs where I crashed - "Warning Bikes, Slippery Surface Near Tracks". They helped me pick up the bike, all of us slip sliding on the rubberized track edging and the asphalt.... filmed in black and white it could have been an old Charlie Chaplin or Stooges bit.

·
Administrator
13,493 Posts
Crashed on a light rail track in the rain at 10 mph, bike's ok because it fell on my leg. Rokker jeans with armor did their job but it was so slick I had a tricky time lifting the bike up.
Well shite, glad to hear you ended up OK.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Accompanied a friend on a rescue mission Sunday and added 140 miles to the odometer.

BMW owners, husband & wife on separate bikes, travelling across country, had an encounter with a deer. She broke several bones, hospital stay, he needed a 40 mile to ride to pick up his bike where it was being stored.

Friend rode his BMW1600B, I followed. 96% highway, 4% in small town. Still exhausting, missed several rain events, just damp pavement.

Something different for 3 hours...

Fred

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
another nice day for a ride yesterday, only 89 miles, but it was worth the time.....

Fred

·
27,785 Posts
How ironic this thread turns up. I was going to go for a ride today then today rolls around and I really don’t feel like it.
Then I spot this thread and realize I haven’t felt like it for about six months now. Maybe longer. Maybe I really am over it.

·
Super Moderator
6,422 Posts
How ironic this thread turns up. I was going to go for a ride today then today rolls around and I really don’t feel like it.
Then I spot this thread and realize I haven’t felt like it for about six months now. Maybe longer. Maybe I really am over it.
deja vu Chuck :) I keep going through cycles too. Then I'll get on the bike when I'm not even feeling like it out of guilt and it'll be all WOO-HOO. So you never know.

My latest ride is about to happen as soon as I finish lunch cuz it's effin beautiful out and just above 60º and there aren't many of these days left this season.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Right after April. Same stuff every year. :ROFLMAO:

Just one of my normal loops yesterday. Nothing too exciting, but the weather was nice and it is good to get out and ride.
Sometimes I may not feel motivated to go, but once I gear up and start rolling, I pretty much always have a good time.

Just spent $100 to re sole and fix my Z Custom boots. Learned that custom boot prices have gone way! up, so $100 was well worth it. That means I gotta go ride and try them out.

I know, get a piece of spiffy new gear. You need something for cold weather right? :D

101 - 120 of 148 Posts