Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Sunday the weather was nice (not too hot) so the wife and I decided to go for a ride. We decided on a ride up to Canandaguia (about 40 miles) to hit the hardware store for supplies and then stop for lunch. I rode the Tiger all day Saturday so opted for the Multi and she took her Ural and brought along Moo (our Bull Terrier) to see how he'd do in the side car.

Was a slow ride (Ural maxes out about 55) but fun, Moo loved the ride (we had to double up on the safety harness since he took to leaning out of the right side of the sidecar to get into the airflow)... we stopped at Smuggler's Corner in Potter NY for lunch (bit of a biker destination, always have had great food there) and Moo got his own burger... which he wholeheartedly approved of.

When Jen's on the Ural I might as well be riding a UJM... the Multi doesn't get any love... with the Ural AND a Bull Terrier along the Ducati and I were invisible in the background. Still... fun ride.

·
Señor Member
8,201 Posts
A Little Thread Jacking

When Jen's on the Ural I might as well be riding a UJM... the Multi doesn't get any love... with the Ural AND a Bull Terrier along the Ducati and I were invisible in the background. Still... fun ride.
A few years ago I brought my son and his Ural to a WCM. At every stop where a dozen Ducati’s would normally get a lot of attention, that Ural would be the focus, what most people would ask about.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks to you Fredsmoot for coming over and fixing my bike twice now, (rebuilt carbs and corrected my user error during a recent oil change...don't over fill a Ducati...even a little), today I finally put some fun miles on it and tore it up.

There is a city park near me I call 'mini Laguna Seca'. Its all one-way with a lot of great turns, a nice straight, and no traffic. As RockAZ told me: "this bike is one hell of a ride". I gave it a tiny slip of the clutch in 2nd gear and brought the front end up in a turn by mistake...super fun. The bike feels light, narrow and well balanced. It seems to really love the twisties.

This forum is 100% why I am enjoying this bike now for little maintenance cost.

Thank you guys...again, and we all know who you are!

Here is a shot from the park...

Attachments

Reactions: scott

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I gave it a tiny slip of the clutch in 2nd gear and brought the front end up in a turn by mistake...
Yes officer, I swear that's how it went. :laugh:

Did my most frequent loop up through Acton today. Temps in the 90's before Noon.
This time of year I like to go out early and come home early before it gets stupid hot.
Then sit here in the AC, chill, surf the web, drink a little beer.
On Any Sunday. >:)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Got my first ride of this year in, 64 degrees, all of 40 miles. Mostly to check and see if the position of the shift lever is good, since I moved the footpegs. All is fine, GP shift, one up, five down. Changed the fork oil two days ago, tomorrow gets the brake fluid changed.
Have fun out there!
Fred

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
rolled the odometer past 41,000 today on a 150 mile ride with a friend. Some superslab, but mostly two-lane letter highways in the countryside, southwest of STL. got out and back before temps went past 80 F....

Fred

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
125 miles today through Big Tujunga, Angles Forest Hwy where it got down to 55F degrees, Elizabeth Lake Rd, Bouquet Cyn, and Little TJ. 55 is a little cool, but the weather could not really be any better. Sunny and mild. Leather weather.

In recent weeks there has been a bunch more traffic on these roads, both bike and car squids. And lots of people parking along the road to go hiking, way more than before this damn C virus. Go back to the beach, people!

Anyway. Love my Monster. :D

Passed 16,000 miles last weekend, closing in on that Desmo service.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,128 Posts
The first ride with a couple of friends during the Pandemic.
Some rules were in order (for obvious reasons):
  • 2 meter distance from each other while not riding
  • No restaurant stop at the middle of the ride.
  • Every stop to relax was made in open places
It was nicer than I'd thought it would be!

At a 2m distance from each other, you can still have a nice conversation.
Also, I felt a lot safer than riding alone, knowing that my buddies had my back in case I crashed or had a mechanical problem.
I guess this is how the "new-normal-ride" will be for me from now on.

·
Bon Vivant
10,833 Posts
I have to admit that I'm still a little apprehensive about riding with my buddies. They are all great people but: They are not great about observing distancing and they have not been limiting their contact with others during this time. I love these guys but I cannot control or be sure of where they have been or how safe they act.

I'm just not sure I'm ready to ride with others yet - states and cities are opening because we are all at our mental limit but the virus is still going strong and now that the rules are relaxing we need to be even more careful.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,128 Posts
I have to admit that I'm still a little apprehensive about riding with my buddies. They are all great people but: They are not great about observing distancing and they have not been limiting their contact with others during this time. I love these guys but I cannot control or be sure of where they have been or how safe they act.

I'm just not sure I'm ready to ride with others yet - states and cities are opening because we are all at our mental limit but the virus is still going strong and now that the rules are relaxing we need to be even more careful.
I completely agree with you on being even more careful now than when it all started.

I hope you find someone with the same apprehension level as your's. Even if he/she is not such a close friend. It is nicer to ride with someone else on another bike.

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,389 Posts
I think how, why and when you ride depends significantly on where you live and the population density/covid activity.
The hospitals and EMT services never got taxed here(in fact are struggling to stay afloat). I've been riding since the snow, salt and sand have been off the roads. There are only 4 people I consider riding with. We're all on the same page. If it's a long ride we bring lunch and find a park or picnic table to eat and gas up(use hand sanitizer) with a card so little to no interaction with the general public.
At first I was feeling somewhat guilty for getting out and enjoying the ride and feel for the folks that are in the shitstorm that is Covid-19 but our regional realities are different.
If it makes sense , get out and ride, if it's too risky in your area, wait for a better day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rode to work today. 32 miles one way. Raining and 46*, snug and dry in my Roadcrafter. Got it in fall, no real rain since then. Rode back dry and sunny, 65*. Pretty much perfect. Came home the long way ;)
Traffic is still relatively light, not the usually stop and go in the usual places.

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
The weather was great so I took the Monster out for 50-60 miles in the country this afternoon. Awesome. I got home, filled up and decided I'd spend a few more minutes out. I rode about 12 miles up the adjacent road and got on the 3 lanes wide Interstate. (I figure there's not enough time to get called in and caught) I didn't do anything dangerous but I'm sure that some thought so. Great afternoon.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
You’re making me really want to go. There’s a race next weekend that I’ve already paid for because we got Corona’ed in New Orleans when all that shit started. After that I’m packing up the bike, riding to Florida, and picking up the Colonel to ride somewhere. We haven’t even picked a destination. We’re just going to head north and stay the F away from Atlanta.

I guess we should look to see anywhere there might be a bunch of people being civil disobedient and stay away from there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
451 Posts
Rolled the Diavel out of the garage...it was 114 degrees in the shade. Rode it to the end of the driveway, turned around, and rode it back in to the garage.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Dam! Where you be? That’s hot for this time of year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 60 of 63 Posts