Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my method is i am looking at using the 1198 loom dtc dda on to my 1099 engined 748R.

I understand i need the wheel sensors, the DTC box, switch gear, and loom.

But tell me what you know about the CPU and dash in all this.

For example does anyone run a 1198 with std DTC and have a microtec CPU fitted? can this be done does it effect the DTC? I see microtec supply a CPU for the 1198.....

Where are all the brains behind controlling the DTC kept, in the std CPU or in the dash or from the DTC box separate to the cpu?
any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Microtech works with the standard TC. The Nemesis ECU doesn't support standard TC.
You have to have the 1198 wiring loom, 1198s ECU or microtech. Front wheel sensor, dtc brake disc and the dtc unit that mounts in the rear subframe.
Otherwise you can go for the nemesis stand alone TC. This works separate and it comes with a trigger disc for the front wheel and is fully programmable for differens wheel sizes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already run a microtec cpu on a 999 loom. i have the rear wheel speed sensor, i intent to fit the front wheel sensor as per 1198.

i was going to use the 1198 loom along with the std ducati dtc control unit, and there is a switch you can get to replace the big std indicator mode switch. I was wondering about the dash does this influence or is it a requirement for the std dtc because of display?

I wouldnt want to use the nemesis stuff....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found this on Ducshops website as part of their description for the microtec

"8) Retains DTC on 1098/1198R, 1198S and SFS"

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts