Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some research on this since I prefer to do all my own maintenance. What does it do exactly? Can you actually change the EFI maps? From what I can tell, you can zero the TPS and reset the service reminder. Is that about it?

Anyone in the Indiana area want to share the cost of it because these are once a year things and I can find a lot more fun things to spend $200 on. :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
set TPS, reset service indicator, diagnostics, fuel trim (on DP ECU)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
set TPS, reset service indicator, diagnostics, fuel trim (on DP ECU)
So for the fuel trim on the DP ECU, you can make specific adjustments over the entire RPM range or just certain amounts (percentage, specific value, etc) richer or leaner? And I 'm guessing this affects both cylinders and you cannot adjust timing? Nor can you load or save fuel trim maps like the DJ add-on module.

Just trying to clarify. I did download the software but without having it hooked up, it seems limited in what you can try out and there is very little in the user guide.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So for the fuel trim on the DP ECU, you can make specific adjustments over the entire RPM range or just certain amounts (percentage, specific value, etc) richer or leaner? And I 'm guessing this affects both cylinders and you cannot adjust timing? Nor can you load or save fuel trim maps like the DJ add-on module.

Just trying to clarify. I did download the software but without having it hooked up, it seems limited in what you can try out and there is very little in the user guide.
Fuel trim is similar to the effect of the pilot jet on a carb-equipped bike.
Mainly affects idle to <25% throttle.

You can't alter any fuel maps with a VDST, nor adjust any spark timing maps.
Aftermarket ECU's for the Hyper that have control over the ignition and fuel
map run close to (or over) $1000 (Nemesis, RapidBike, etc.).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am doing some research on this since I prefer to do all my own maintenance. What does it do exactly? Can you actually change the EFI maps? From what I can tell, you can zero the TPS and reset the service reminder. Is that about it?

Anyone in the Indiana area want to share the cost of it because these are once a year things and I can find a lot more fun things to spend $200 on. :D
Too bad you aren't closer (Los Angeles). I just popped for one and was thinking the same thought. Would have been nice to share among 4 in the area.
So at the very least, if you're in the WLA area, PM me if you need the VDSTS capability and perhaps we can wrk something out.
Sorry for the thread jack.;)

Goin' fer 25

1 - 7 of 7 Posts