Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[I replied to an old thread on the Superbikes board with these questions. I have a GT1000 so I'll ask here]

Forgive the Zombie thread... I recently adjusted the throttle stop screw due to a hard-to-start bike that wouldn't idle. Now that I clean the injectors and replaced the plugs, the engine surges to 3200rpm.

I read -now- that I should have never touched the throttle shaft stop screw. Fortunately, I have a Techoresearch VDST Standard tool, which I'm lead to believe will allow me to re-set the TPS/idle.

Q1: Where should I re-adjust the throttle stop screw to? Just barely touching the plate? Touching plus (X) # of turns-in?

Q2: The VSDT connector to the bike's wiring harness; where is the connector on the bike located. Yeah, under the seat, I get that part. But specifically where? A photo is always helpful.

/M

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
q1: where it was. see the obvious issue now?

q2: near the ecu, under the ecu wiring, etc. you're looking for amp 3 pin and 2 pin connectors, both of which should have blanking caps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts