Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in currently looking to pick up a scan tool, however i haven't found any good feedback on the techno reaserch product. if you have one would you care to share some pros and cons about it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
s4sandro,

What did you want to do with the scan tool? If you want to read error codes, reset the maintenance light, set fuel trim levels, reset TPS, test individual subsystems (fan, fuel pump, etc.) then the TechnoResearch tool is an effective tool. Its graphical interface could use an update but it does everything I want it to with the exception of altering fuel maps.

Here it is in action on my 999S. (wife had laptop so I loaded it onto a spare PC):

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reset the maintenance light, set fuel trim levels, reset TPS, test individual subsystems (fan, fuel pump, etc.) thats exactly what i will be using it for. the older 1.6 stuff (in my opinion) was a lot easier to troubleshot. newer bikes well nothing ever gets easier dose it.

another question i have is did you order you tool for your specific bike or dose the tool cover everything with the 5.9 injection?

·
Registered
117 Posts
another question i have is did you order you tool for your specific bike or dose the tool cover everything with the 5.9 injection?
The VDST is ordered by ECU type and model (i.e. 5.9). It is suppose to work with all ECU's of the same model but I have not tested it on another bike. I'm casually looking for a Monster S4RS to keep my 999S company so I should be able to test that theory soon :D

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
The VDST is ordered by ECU type and model (i.e. 5.9). It is suppose to work with all ECU's of the same model but I have not tested it on another bike. I'm casually looking for a Monster S4RS to keep my 999S company so I should be able to test that theory soon :D
It does. I use the same one on all three bikes.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all of the feedback guys my decision is made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts