Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been looking for technical articles (or books) for the 1199 for a while, but so far I couldn't find anything: does anybody know which magazine published technical articles on this bike? I've checked several magazine web sites but they don't publish the index of the old issues...
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Hi All,
I have been looking for technical articles (or books) for the 1199 for a while, but so far I couldn't find anything: does anybody know which magazine published technical articles on this bike? I've checked several magazine web sites but they don't publish the index of the old issues...
Thanks!
Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by "technical articles"? What kind of info are you looking for?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by "technical articles"? What kind of info are you looking for?
I mean articles where the technical features are described. For instance, I hear the bike has titanium valves, that it has a system that reduces the compression during start in order to use a smaller electric starter. Motorcycle magazines sometimes do such analysis on new models: the problem is that the bike is not new, so I don't know how to find such articles. I am Italian, there is an italian magazine (Mototecnica) very specialized in such articles where they go very much in detail, but also for this one I can't find out when and if they published such article.
So I thought I would be luckier with non italian magazines...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a copy of this Japanese magazine that is specialized only in Ducati, of February 2012 issue, that was all about 1199. It's in Japanese, so I don't know how much use it is for you, but I'd be happy to give it to you for shipping. I don't know how much that would cost though...

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Okay... so I did a search for "ducati 1199 superquadro technical review" and while I am sure if I spent a bit more time I could come up with some additional results these should at least get you started.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/news/eurp-1111-ducati-1199-panigale-engine

Ducati Superquadro Engine - webBikeWorld

Am also including this one, as, while it is not specific to the 1199 Superquadro, it is nonetheless the most technically comprehensive review I've seen, and covers both the 899 and 1199 mills.

TECH ANALYSIS: Ducati 899 Superquadro

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay... so I did a search for "ducati 1199 superquadro technical review" and while I am sure if I spent a bit more time I could come up with some additional results these should at least get you started.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/news/eurp-1111-ducati-1199-panigale-engine

Ducati Superquadro Engine - webBikeWorld

Am also including this one, as, while it is not specific to the 1199 Superquadro, it is nonetheless the most technically comprehensive review I've seen, and covers both the 899 and 1199 mills.

TECH ANALYSIS: Ducati 899 Superquadro
Thanks a lot. I'm still too much fond of physical books and magazines (a sign of my age :) ) but these articles are very interesting!

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Thanks a lot. I'm still too much fond of physical books and magazines (a sign of my age :) ) but these articles are very interesting!
You shouldn't be apologetic about a fondness for physical media... I'm a mechanical engineer, and pretty much every stitch of reference material I need these days is either online or embedded into the engineering software I use. But I still dust this thing off once in a while and marvel at the effort that it must have taken to put together such a comprehensive text in 1914.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You shouldn't be apologetic about a fondness for physical media... I'm a mechanical engineer, and pretty much every stitch of reference material I need these days is either online or embedded into the engineering software I use. But I still dust this thing off once in a while and marvel at the effort that it must have taken to put together such a comprehensive text in 1914.
Then we understand each other, I'm a mechanical engineer too, and when I find an interesting book, I try to get it in both paper and pdf ;)
Nice handbook, by the way! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts