Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is the second time I have had a tech tell me to put 87 Octane in my Monster 1100. Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
well....

The manual is wrong in the type of clutch, brand of wheels so who is to say they could be wrong on what type of gas to use. I will wait for the outcome but the techs SHOULD know more then the book and maybe thats why they are telling everyone this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual is wrong in the type of clutch, brand of wheels so who is to say they could be wrong on what type of gas to use. I will wait for the outcome but the techs SHOULD know more then the book and maybe thats why they are telling everyone this.
You said everyone, has someone else been told this?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
I normally run 93 but there was a time after the last hurricane that 87 was the only thing available. I used it in all three of my bikes and couldn't tell a bit of difference. As long as it doesn't ping or knock under load it won't hurt a thing. Try it and see if it helps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I normally run 93 but there was a time after the last hurricane that 87 was the only thing available. I used it in all three of my bikes and couldn't tell a bit of difference. As long as it doesn't ping or knock under load it won't hurt a thing. Try it and see if it helps.
Thanks Duck and Pit!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
All the older SS Ducs ran best on 87 octane. They were the 2V motors rated at 74 hp. BCM used to recommend 87 for the 2V's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts