Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got stranded on a ride on my SPS...when I got the bike home and talked to Ducati, they thought it sounded like a fuel pump issue. I disassembled my tank and removed the fuel pump assembly. I noticed the hose to the fuel filter was disconnected...issue solved!...maybe?.

I noticed this piece not connected to anything? Cannot find it in my Haynes manual (I think it is a fuel pressure regulator or something) and not sure if it should be connected to anything.

Tech help needed...any ideas?

Thanks. J

Attachments

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
If you change your filter while it's out, you may solve the (stalling?) issues. Also may want to install hose clamps on the ends of all hoses, to keep them from leaking or coming off under pressure, which will usually happen if something gets clogged in the system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi that connects to nothing that is the return port back into the tank, some have a 90 deg rubber hose on it pointing down to the bottom of the tank, so dont worry about this, and as the last post has, replace you filter!!! its apart now so cant hurt!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Also check the plastic nut retaining the fuel level sender. They are know to crack [ask me how I know] and leak fuel.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Consider going to McMaster-Carr for replacement fuel pump O rings. DP rings are expensive. Have you removed the fuel pump before? If not let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts