Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd take a chance and pass this on -----

This is a great idea.... Pass it on to all if you feel the same!! Copy and email to all you think might care to do something.... Will it do anything?? Maybe not, just don't send your good tea.....:cool:

No link came in the email I received this in.. so if you like, you'll need to dig that up yourself....:sleep:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF THIS IS NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA, DELETE IT, IF IT IS COMPLY!

There's a storm abrewin'. What happens when good, responsible people keep quiet? Washington has forgotten they work for us. We don't work for them. Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. I am sick of the midnight, closed door sessions to come up with a plan. I am sick of Congress raking CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes. I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats on my dollar. I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. I am sick of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes. I, like all of you, am a responsible citizen. I pay my taxes. I live on a budget and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden for poor decisions I may make. I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first. No one listened. They voted for it, pork and all.

Okay, folks, here it is. You may think you are just one voice and what you think won't make a difference. Well, yes it will and YES, WE CAN!! If you are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes; If you are fearful of the fallout from the reckless spending of BILLIONS to bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility, then we need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN, SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA. There is a growing protest to demand that Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens. What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free fall.

So, here's the plan. On April 1, 2009, all Americans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washington ,D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG. Many cities are organizing protests. If you simply search, "New American Tea Party", several sites will come up. If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make your one voice heard with a TEABAG. Your one voice will become a roar when joined with millions of others that feel the same way. Yes, something needs to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the stock market speaks volumes.

This was not my idea. I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Party' and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the tea-bag on April 1. Why, April 1?? We want them to reach Washington by April 15. Will you do it? I will. Send it to; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, D.C. 20500.

Forward this to everyone in your address book. Visit the website below for more information about the 'New American Tea Party.' I would encourage everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it in the mail April 1. Can't guarantee what the postage will be by then, it is going up as we speak, but have your envelope ready. What will this cost you? A little time and a 42 or 44 cent stamp.

What could you receive in benefits? Maybe, just maybe, our elected officials will start to listen to the people. Take out the Pork. Tell us how the money is being spent. We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. It is not too late.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I herd a rant similar to this yesterday on the radio, it was fantastic! Since our Government no longer listens to us and passes laws that don't apply to themselves, votes for benefits that only a select few (Congress) have, we must do something!

I don't know what the answer is, but when the Bear comes out of hibernation and "suddenly" realizes America has completely changed, and I don't mean for the better, shit will hit the fan and a multi million man mob will surround the capital demanding accountability!

·
Super Moderator
26,563 Posts
So, here's the plan. On April 1, 2009, all Americans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washington ,D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG.

Gee, there's a helluva plan. Yep, that'll set things straight.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gee, there's a helluva plan. Yep, that'll set things straight.:rolleyes:
The problem is the MAJORITY of people are totally lazy, won't lift a finger to make changes..:sleep:.…listen to the ads on TV to guide their vote, rant and rave and STILL vote who the media says is the best or "If you vote for so and so, you'll only be throwing your vote away"!! Media drives the voters, not voters actually using their own brains, they are perverted before they even reach the poles…………

Yes, I agree, a tea bag won’t do shit!! Other then load up Washington with tea…. it’s a point -- remember history? Boston Tea Party? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party I’m sure our elected officials don’t, but useless or not, the word would get out………..of course, as corrupt and useless as our government has become, ONLY looking out for themselves, nothing short of a revolution will change it..sorry to say!!! It’s OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Do you hear them making any “Sacrifices”? People need to rise up…….will it happen? Not without organization… If the meaning of the tea bags is known it will be as effective as writing ---- but still, pretty much NOTHING will come of it -- So, we might as well all roll over and wait for the bullet!!!!!!!??????? It’s a peaceful protest -- which of course will do nothing -- it’s TOO PEACEFUL!!!!

It is easy to do.............. THAT is about as far as most will even lift their finger to do......... or just get back to work and pay your taxes.. The letches in Washington and your own state that DON’T create jobs other then gov jobs that you pay for -- need you, after all, THEY work for us RIGHT?????????? EXACTLY how it was suppose to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,563 Posts
Yes, I agree, a tea bag won’t do shit!! Other then load up Washington with tea…. it’s a point -- remember history? Boston Tea Party? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party I’m sure our elected officials don’t.
So "loading up Washington" with teabags when the "elected officials don't" have a clue why people are mailing in teabags is gonna change the world? If you have to explain the joke, or the revolution, it's not very funny, or effective.

Further, unless you have a specific person in mind to mail these teabags to, beyond "1600 Pennsylvania Ave.", who exactly is gonna see all these teabags? The mailroom clerk, who is gonna promptly round-file them.

Way to take a stand.

You want to change things? Run for office.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Activists are protesting, especially the AIG bail out, and I think we'll see more of it. Tax payers are not happy. They're screwing us, and were Tea bagging them. Geeze man I don't know. Is this trickle down economics in reverse? Things will work out one way or the other I suppose.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Little explanation. Tea= "Taxed enough already"! Washington is familiar with this phrase.

Taxation without representation (Boston tea party) is a phrase I thought most of us are familiar with.

I think sending tea bags is a start even if they go to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. w/o a persons name on the address. Who do you think lives there? They'll get the message. I can't believe that 10 million envelopes with a tea bag in each would go un-noticed. Even the liberal media who has given this administration a pass up until this point is beginning to see what is going on and reporting it. It will get world news attention.

What do you think would happen if President Bush made the same comment as President Obama in regards to his bowling ability as "special olympic" ability? The press would fry him!

When a multi trillion dollar stimulus package is passed w/o any time to read it, including President Obama, we must do something!

The AIG bonuses were added just before the bailout was given yet the administration acts like they did not know. THEY KNEW!

It's all bull and we all know it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So "loading up Washington" with teabags when the "elected officials don't" have a clue why people are mailing in teabags is gonna change the world? If you have to explain the joke, or the revolution, it's not very funny, or effective.

Further, unless you have a specific person in mind to mail these teabags to, beyond "1600 Pennsylvania Ave.", who exactly is gonna see all these teabags? The mailroom clerk, who is gonna promptly round-file them.

Way to take a stand.

You want to change things? Run for office.
Yeah, you’re right -- doing NOTHING is a much better approach. Do you actually think running for office will make a difference? I guess you don’t understand how politics actually work - as corrupt as it has become. At least if you do run, serve a term or two, you’ll get that free health care and life long pension plan while not having to pay a damn thing into the system, only to become one part of the leach problem. Not saying one person can’t make a difference, but good luck in the pit of Parana’s. It takes the “People” -- millions of them to stand up….especially at this point in time!!

And again, you’re right ----- The naysayer’s get so much more done with their lives and reward us with all their hard efforts to make a difference. Just sitting back watching, doing absolutely “NOTHING” is way more effective. You don’t think the recognition of millions of tea bags won’t raise some questions? They don’t need to go to a specific person…………..THAT would truly be ineffective, unless of course there were millions of them!!!! I think there may still be some dinosaurs left in Washington that remember parts of history, even though they haven’t learned a damn thing from it!!!!

SO truly-- Good job, lets all just sit back and watch, let someone else do “Something“, join the masses and put our hands out for other people’s money, they‘ll just print more, no gold standard required!! -- “SOMEONE” will do something to fix all this….. RIGHT????!!!!! "They" always do... Lets not lift a finger…“Them guys is smart -- they know what they doin‘ “.. !! WOW….Tea Baggin’………what a stupid idea!!!!! Ohhhhh, wait…I just realized... I think I’m starting to become one with my surroundings!! What a great feeling -- can‘t WAIT to see what happens and pay more in taxes --- boy -- I sure am glad “I” did nothing cause what a waste of time that would have been…thanks for settin‘ me straight, almost made a huge mistake…………..wew!!!!:sleep:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Send tea bag paper tag

I heard the White house is discarding any mail with substances in them for safety reasons, they say to send the paper tag and string instead. I suggest everyone send a turd to send the message of "we have had enough of your Shi$".

·
Official Retired Person
7,332 Posts
Wait a minute. I see what's going on here. Every scheme says to send something. We should use the USMail service, right? Buy a stamp or multiple stamps? 6.5 million people spend $.041 each! How much profit on those?

Ah-HA.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wait a minute. I see what's going on here. Every scheme says to send something. We should use the USMail service, right? Buy a stamp or multiple stamps? 6.5 million people spend $.041 each! How much profit on those?

Ah-HA.
Ah Man……..ya caught me!!!! I work for the post office and I personally receive half of every stamp………and I was hoping to retire this year………..or better yet, run for office!! What-ya have to go and ruin it for!! :D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Actually, the Boston Tea Party was a tar and feather situation that resulted in violence. And unless people are willing to start defending the constitution with violence,(I don't think we're quite there yet) I don't know what tea bags will do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts