Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is how I ended up mounting the TB Nudge button on my GT. Due to the drilled holes in the bars...I had to get a little more creative.

The position of the buttons is not an issue for me since I also ride 2 BMW K bikes and the "nudge" button is on top of the switch gear...so I am used to moving my left hand a little.

The Driving light switch...I have had it with the green light on top and on the bottom...not sure if I like either better...but...on top it reminds me when I haven't turned it on. I am used to the BMW's where the light stays on after you shut off the key. There may be an easy fix for that I don't know about.

How did others mount their Nudge on a GT?

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I the only person with a GT that also has the TB Nudge button installed on their bike? Or, nobody wants to share their install? I was looking for other ideas for the mounting positions.

Thanks!!

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Actually...I've been waiting for someone else to do this and I figured it'd be you! That style of nudge button is relatively new and I don't think many people get the nudge buttons.

- Did you drill a new hole in the bar to accommodate moving the mirror?
- Did you consider leaving the mirror and aux in the factory locations and mounting the nudge buttons where you put the aux light controls?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I use a PIAA toggle switch for my auxiliary LED Driving Lights. I can reach (just) this switch with my thumb without taking my hands off the grip. It has a small LEB that indicates the lights are on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok Gadgetech...you are WAY OVER THINKING this one by a mile.

1. Remove the screws in the hand guard so you can move it around
2. Remove the light switch...2 little screws in the back...be careful...don't ask me how I know!! Pull the back off the switch.
3. Move the light switch over to the other side of the mirror as shown in my picture...install and tighten screws. If you mount it like I did, there is a little plastic piece that rests on the top of the hand guard to keep it from moving. Shown in the picture.
4. Remove the bar end weight.
5. Remove the grip and heated grip assembly as ONE PIECE. It slides right off after you pull the inside end of the grip back and remove the one small screw and those little rubber wire clamps.
6. Slide on the Nudge assembly. Position it how you like...
7. Tighten the Nudge lock screw.
8. Reinstall the stuff you just took off! Everything goes back into the same holes as before....you just replaced the light switch with the Nudge! Told you I was going to try that!! :)

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Interesting! When I asked TB about it, they indicated I’d need to drill a new hole to relocate something.

ETA, they said it should be located between the grip and the control pack. I think the way you have it would work just fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you could also remove the light switch and move it to where I did...then mount the Nudge next to the grip and then mount the switch gear against the Nudge. You'd need to drill 1 hole for the switch gear knob....

I was just too lazy to do that and plus...as I said I have to take my hand off the grip to use the Cruise on both my BMW's so it doesn't bother me at all. I am not going to engage my cruise if it is not safe to ride with one hand anyway....

I have a long trip next week and I will see if I feel the same way after then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I mounted mine between the grip and switch gear. Originally I had the nudge buttons 45 degrees forward for a more relaxed interaction, but found out it interfered with the clutch.

I had trimmed the grip flange so it could slide closer to the nudge. Unfortunately, with the buttons relocated to the bottom of the bar, the heated grip wires are exposed to the front. If I had the grip wires in the rear, then my trimmed area of the flange would be visible and would look worse.

Overall the placement location makes all the switch interactions easily accessible.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts