Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
With what transpired in the last few races in WSBK does anybody not believe that Tardozzi was told to hit the road by Ducati and ....."don't let the door hit you in the arse" He was there to manage and managed poorly.......it was easy w/ Bayliss, Tardozzi sat back and road the wave of success.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
You're such a 999 owner it's not even funny.
That's funny Matt...really.....actually I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying 1198S.......I sat on a 1098 w/ a very nice set of FBF rearsets and the legroom was much better. That motor must be awesome.
But I think the CBR 1000 has the edge still as my "new" motorcycle.
Now there's always the 999R:D

I wasn't slamming you about Tardozzi, but how can anyboy think that he left on his own volition. He was too close to Fabrizio and it effected his judgement, costing Ducati the "double" this year.....that piece on SPEED was atypical release for public consumption.....no burnt bridges.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
That's funny Matt...really.....actually I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying 1198S.......I sat on a 1098 w/ a very nice set of FBF rearsets and the legroom was much better. That motor must be awesome.
But I think the CBR 1000 has the edge still as my "new" motorcycle.
Now there's always the 999R:D

I wasn't slamming you about Tardozzi, but how can anyboy think that he left on his own volition. He was too close to Fabrizio and it effected his judgement, costing Ducati the "double" this year.....that piece on SPEED was atypical release for public consumption.....no burnt bridges.
Come again ? How was he too close to Fabrizio and how did it effect his judgement ?

?

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I don't think Tard was fired, but he prolly wasn't encouraged to stay either.

And Tardozzi didn't lose the championship, it was Haga's fault for blowing an 88 point lead.

Anyways, go ride one of those cheapy 1198s' and you'll be amazed at how that much POWAH can corrupt even the most devout 999er :D
Yeah...the "cheapie" 1198:p.....no demo's around yet.....the 1098 base had more than my 999 w/ full Termi's and a PCIII, but my 999 had Ohlins R/T fork, shock and damper, which felt surprisingly superior even to the newer technology Showa stuff on the 1098. Power was down a bit, but not that much due to my gearing, which also surprised me ! I just didn't like that tail high stance....kept pushing me forward.
I would love to buy one down at FBF...their pretty cool down there. Even Kathy is a knowledgeable hot rodder mustang nut...geez ! she know's everything about em' w/o pause ! And Dan races a 1098....fun people!
Maintenance is still a killer as well as the tremendous heat coming off the engine ...CBR 1000 still has an edge...

·
9,757 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
Yeah...the "cheapie" 1198:p.....no demo's around yet.....the 1098 base had more than my 999 w/ full Termi's and a PCIII, but my 999 had Ohlins R/T fork, shock and damper, which felt surprisingly superior even to the newer technology Showa stuff on the 1098. Power was down a bit, but not that much due to my gearing, which also surprised me ! I just didn't like that tail high stance....kept pushing me forward.
I would love to buy one down at FBF...their pretty cool down there. Even Kathy is a knowledgeable hot rodder mustang nut...geez ! she know's everything about em' w/o pause ! And Dan races a 1098....fun people!
Maintenance is still a killer as well as the tremendous heat coming off the engine ...CBR 1000 still has an edge...
Get the CBR, it costs a third of the price at the right dealership, and we won't have to hear you complain about how the 1198 pushes your love spuds in to the tank all the time :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
On paper they were close, but not close when you cranked the throttles. I'm talking the difference between the 999S and 999R, at least in the early year models. However, that could have been influenced by the early 999R almost having a full carbon body and light weight wheels, oh, and a race kit. Honestly, I've only really cranked the throttle maybe once since I bought the bike 7 or 8 months ago. I was just getting back to riding and the power of the 999R actually surprised me. It just boggles my mind there are much faster bikes out there and I found that to be overkill for street application.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Ya'll are so cute, turning a thread about tardozzi into one about the differences between a 999R and 1198S. :p

You know my opinion on this subject... The bike has very little to do with it. ;)
We apologize bumpkin...we(I) didn't catch your line on all the Tardozzi drama !

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
we(I) didn't catch your line on all the Tardozzi drama !
Tardozzi made a mistake and to save face he quit.

Plus, he didn't get along that well with Haga (someone he spent years trying to beat). Tardozzi was looking for a reason to stick around once Bayliss left. I think he realized it wasn't worth while because the bad press hadn't yet started and he wanted to leave on a good note.

He was a master at running a team, I don't think anybody else can really take after him. The team will be different in 2010, no more Tardozzi bashing on the table with his hands post race win and no more crazy Italian emotions. I personally will miss him, In my opinion he really was Ducati Xerox and its going to be a tremendous loss. He really was the godfather behind the team, something that most of the other teams are lacking. Lucky for Ducati, they have a great bike, excellent riders and a brilliant mastermind mechanic running the team now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts