Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Vintage guru's. I have a customers '75 GT750 in my garage currently. His rocker pins are worn badly and need replacing along with the bushings that ride in the rocker. My question is, are the rocker pins and bushings for the tappet style rockers the same as the shim style rocker?

Also, I am trying to source some seats and valves. Is there anyone in the US that carry these? Tried bevel heaven already but no luck. I can look globally but thought I would stay in the states first if possible to avoid high shipping costs.

Thanks for the help.
-Joe

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Hi Joe,

The rocker pins and bushes always wear - no pressure oil feed. Yes the shim type rockers use the same bushes and pins as the screw and locknut types. You can use the desmo pins (I have for years) and they are possible superior, although new pins and bushes are available. I don't know about the valve seats, but the valves are available in the States - Kibblewhite used to make them I believe, but try Moto Guzzino or Syd's Cycles in Florida.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts