Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right off the bat I'm going to apologize to the purists...

I have some plans to build a custom 900ssie "fighter/scrambler" and I am looking to see if there are any other Duc tanks that will fit reasonably well on the newer style frame. I am thinking along the lines of radical ducati's designs but I don't like the way the tanks sit awkwardly on the frame on many of their bikes. I understand the tank and the seat go hand in hand but I will be designing a custom seat for this project so I am not worried about that.

The inspiration for my design is based on the JVB scrambler / flat red designs... http://jvb-moto.com/rocknroll//?page_id=37

I am open to other suggestions or possibilities so please feel free to contribute... unless you just want to criticize, then go join a different forum.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That JBV bike is kind of cool...I'd like to ride one just to see what it's like.
I don't have any real input for you, but you might want to do a search here on "cafe" and "naked"; there are several folks who are doing that kind of custom work on their bikes, and I know a couple have used custom stuff for tanks.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Custom Fuel Tank

One option you might not have considered is a carbon fiber SSie tank from ETI. It eliminates the black or gray "rubber ducky" protector at the rear, has a cleaner top design (it's flat rather than with a protrusion), eliminates the exposed weld seam at the bottom and saves 9.2 lbs versus the standard steel tank. Best of all, it mates right up to your current frame.

·
Registered
81 Posts
+1 for ETI

they also have two additional profiles to the stock shape. The "Sprinter" has a really nice looking side profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts