Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips or tricks to removing the fuel Tank? Are there fuel quick disconnects? I need to change out the air box cover in preparation for a new full exahust system install.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Hey Ringworm, You shouldn't have to remove the tank. When I clean my air filter I use most of the gas in the tank that way it's not as heavy. Take the tank loose, slide it back easy and prop it up.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just a quick tip....if you're pulling off the quick release hose clips....use a bit of WD40 on the clips....it makes putting them on so much easier.

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
142 Posts
My main suggestion is to keep the gas quick disconnects well lubbed. If the o rings get dryed out they will easily pop off the tank. I always keep a spare set around just in case I need them and a few extra spare o rings. If you use any high oxegenated gas like VP the o rings dry out really fast so keep that in mind.

Any tips or tricks to removing the fuel Tank? Are there fuel quick disconnects? I need to change out the air box cover in preparation for a new full exahust system install.
Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts