Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have had the bike for a bit - what is the mile range on a tank?

Thanks

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I haven't run out.. I think one of the features on the bike is extracting gas from the air. The IRS is giving incentives for the purchase because it's that good! go get one now!!! :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
My light came on this morning...10.0 miles on the fuel trip right now. I think i have around 140mi on this tank so far...that's with hard pulls trying to break the bike in...

Owners manual says 2 liters left when light comes on. 2 liters = .5 gallons. I guess I better get my butt to the gas station before it runs out!!!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
On my ride last night did 190km (118mi) to the light, gassed up at 205km (127mi) and the bike took 14litres of fuel (1.5 l remaining in reserve).

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
By my calculations flyn, you would be good for about 23 miles at your stated rate of consumption :think:. Seems you have been riding at a spirited pace as well :cool:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well in the breakin phase I've averaged close to 40mpg or thereabouts. I'm not a leadfoot so your mileage may vary. :)
Chris

·
Registered
152 Posts
My light came on at 118 miles yesterday. I road up to about 130 and filled up. It took 4 gallons even, so the bike gets decent milage. And I'm happy the range is better than most Ducs too.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
141 miles today...11 miles after light came on. Filled up 3.8 gal. So, I averaged ~37mpg this last tank. I still had .6 gallons left in the tank...maybe another 15-20 miles?

Hope this helps some...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Would the variations in mileage be due also (other than riding style) to different climates/ altitude/temperatures? Or does that make only marginal differences?

on a separate note, how have u guys been breaking in the bike/brakes? Lots of differing options on previous threads, but with newer technology in the manufacturing process, was wondering if the ideas have also changed...

·
1,642 Posts
the user manual still says the classic keep the revs low for the first xx number km then for another little bit,, a bit higher revs etc. I've been doing that for the most part, but it's not so easy.. I do pop above the recommended levels here and there. but for the most part I've been riding it easy.
I have also noticed the flat spot everybody kept harping about. it's usually under partial throttle while I am cruising. I still don't notice it when I am taking off fast, but it's there with the slow round town puttering,, (not a fun thing on the SF. it wants to go fast.:eek:

oh and to be thread relevant,, I filled up my first time around 93 ish miles,, when the light came on, I don't know if the tank was completely full when I picked it up from the dealer. also for the first 30 miles I probably was not 'breaking it in' correctly :) ,, couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Although I find it difficult, I am breaking in the engine as per the manual, so any mileage calculations now won't mean much after break in, cause this engine needs to stretch its legs, and I can tell the serious power is above 7 grand.

·
1,642 Posts
do NOT take this road. the cars in the photo are 50% of the total traffic I saw the whole stretch. no other motorcycles at all. taken leaving Tonapah NV on HWY 6
you can take that road if you keep a camel back full of gas,, that way when you go empty, just piss in the tank,, and boom extra 50 miles

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know if the tank was completely full when I picked it up from the dealer. also for the first 30 miles I probably was not 'breaking it in' correctly :) ,, couldn't help myself.
Funny story. I asked how much fuel was in mine when I loaded it up and they said it was full, except for my quick test ride, which put a grand total of 8 miles on the bike. I take it home, unload it into the garage. Next day I go for my maiden voyage with my friends, fire her up and pull out of my driveway and notice the fuel light illuminating. I ride straight to my nearest Shell and put 3.9 gallons of VPower in her with 10 miles on the clock. :eek:

Last weekend I filled up the tank at 118 miles with 3.1 gallons, for 38 mpg. I've ridden 137 mostly highway miles on that tank and the reserve hasn't kicked in yet. I'm still keeping the revs under 6k for the most part.

·
1,642 Posts
Funny story. I asked how much fuel was in mine when I loaded it up and they said it was full, except for my quick test ride, which put a grand total of 8 miles on the bike. I take it home, unload it into the garage. Next day I go for my maiden voyage with my friends, fire her up and pull out of my driveway and notice the fuel light illuminating. I ride straight to my nearest Shell and put 3.9 gallons of VPower in her with 10 miles on the clock. :eek:

Last weekend I filled up the tank at 118 miles with 3.1 gallons, for 38 mpg. I've ridden 137 mostly highway miles on that tank and the reserve hasn't kicked in yet. I'm still keeping the revs under 6k for the most part.
oh,, they really dropped the ball on that one. I'm surprised that happened, the LR dealer is usually pretty thorough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts