Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my tank back from repair 1995 900SS and i have a question in the tank there is the main gas line where the pump hooks to and there is a line that sticks stright up i belive it is the retun is there supposed to be a hose hooked to this?
THanks
Ernie

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just got my tank back from repair 1995 900SS and i have a question in the tank there is the main gas line where the pump hooks to and there is a line that sticks stright up i belive it is the retun is there supposed to be a hose hooked to this?
THanks
Ernie
The main line out from the fuel pump goes to the petcock. The line that is above it in the tank is the return, the return line from the carbs goes to that on the bottom of the tank. The line you are referring to in the bottom inside of the tank is the overflow. There should be a rubber fuel proof line between it and the nipple on the gas cap ring. There is a drain hose that hooks to that on the outside. I put hose clamps on mine on the inside of the tank. If that sucker comes loose on you out on the road, you have problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts