Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home the new ST3s on Friday; still way too cold to ride, but not too early to get things in order.

On my last ST3 I had the MagKnight Tank Protector. Looked good and fit well, but it was very slippery when riding with my Aerostich. Better with jeans, but after my get off last year, I think I'll be wearing the 'stich a fair amount.

Does anyone have any experience with other protectors? I'm wondering about some of the clear plastic ones that go on the bike but really want to be able to grab the tank with my knees (see http://www.autotrimdesign.net/items.jsp?category=12544) for one idea.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you do a search on 'tankslapper' you will get to a company that sells both static cling clear plastic and the 3M adhesive plastic. They will sell you in bulk quantity for cutting out the pieces yourself. They sell as little as one lineal foot which is 2 foot by 1 foot.

They also have precut kits for many makes of motorcycles as well as some Ducatis. The precut kits have a nicer edge on them than what you can cut yourself.

I use the static stick on my tank and the 3M on the lower portions of the fairing, motor, and swing arm.

Dave Harhay

·
Super Moderator
5,089 Posts
I have the 3M film on mine. Great stuff. Not as slippery as stock, but not grippy. If grip is what you're after, this may not be the product.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My new to me 4S came fitted with these foam pads on the side of the tank, thought I'd take them off but kinda getting used to them.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
PO of my bike installed the Gripster / TechSpec tank panels. I like the looks and the added grip has been helpful a handful of times.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts