Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a tank repainted. i was thinking of doing something different on it but keeping it red. I really like the old school logos but do think it would look to outta place? Suggestions are welcome.

Also i don't have photo shop so excuse the amateur renderings.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was kind of thinking that. i was looking for something like the mv agusta logos on the brutalizes. Maybe i will leave clean and all red with no logos. It seems its branded Ducati all over the place.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
223 Posts
Go with the old School Cagiva logo. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Or maybe this one.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Scott @ srsigndesign will make you anything you can think of

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
My favorite (of course). Simple, but unique to my SF. When I had my brand new tank re-cleared for a better finish, I asked the painter add the Italian flag. It was added, then the tank was re-cleared.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
My favorite (of course). Simple, but unique to my SF. When I had my brand new tank re-cleared for a better finish, I asked the painter add the Italian flag. It was added, then the tank was re-cleared.
Perfect!...what the tank was missing from the factory...:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Chief,
Just want to ensure there is no confusion. The elephant is the logo for Cagiva. They used to own Ducati. I found a logo and liked it - hence I submitted my idea. I am planning on putting this on the Cowl of my SF-S. I am sure that this will ruffle some feathers. :)

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure i would have asian gangsters on gixxers chase me down if that was on my bike:eek: But once I hit the twisties my duc would walk away:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
That is the whole point!!!! LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
That will stand out on your bike.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ducati Vector Art (FREE)

This may be of some interest to people here:

DucCutters: Vector Logo's

This is "vector art" (the EPS files) -- that is to say that these are the files a professional decal shop would need to print/cut you some stickers. You can scale the vector image sizes to whatever you like, printed on or cut from various types and thickness of stickers if you send these vector art images to a sticker shop. Duccutter being one of them.

I have a 2k10 SF:

and I'm thinking about adding some decals. My tank is about to be replaced and I have the option to not get the OEM stickers and go with something else. I'd like to do the famous Ducati Monster triple white stripe. (pictured)

I really like these tank logos:

(in white)

(white, black outline)

(without the elephant, colors as pictured)

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm planning to change the current stickers (which are crap since they are uncoated..) and change this to the "new multi and diavel type"

Ducati Silver Logo Sticker 7cm (981546030) | Pro Italia

What do you guys think?
That's actually a good alternative. I think I will just paint solid red and leave the stickers on the outside of the clear coat. That way I can change decals at any time or leave it naked.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
252 Posts
After seeing that the stock logo now looks incomplete.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts